This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: "We're seeing a widespread rejection of traditional foods and brands"  (Read 2150 times)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile

Hmmm… promising….

Corporate finance expert: 'We’re seeing a widespread rejection of traditional foods and brands and it’s leading to a seismic shift in some categories'

http://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Markets/Silverwood-partners-on-natural-organic-Annie-s-Suja-KRAVE

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: "We're seeing a widespread rejection of traditional foods and brands"
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 05:44:03 AM »
Rita,

A company has to make a profit or go out of business.  Even Yahoo News is posting articles about grain and sugar free eating.  People are rejecting the products produced by companies we once trusted.  They are rejecting the government sponsored food Pyramid and eating a diet hat is not making them sick. Supermarkets will respond by selling the products we want.  I've seen this happen.  I shop at the stores who provide the most items on my shopping list.  Slowly they are providing the foods I want to buy at a fair price.  This has changed enormously since Dr. D's Wheat Belly was published in 2011.  The stores that aren't providing "clean" food are mostly empty.  The stores that do are mostly busy. 

All this is happening because we really do feel better, are in better shape and take fewer meds because we are eating in a way which our body can thrive.
Sorry Cargill, Nabisco and all the other companies we used to trust.  My health is more important to me than your bottom line.

Linda R

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 07:40:06 AM »
Fascinating article.

They refer to Door To Door Organics in the story, went there, and wow, sure wish they would add Iowa to their delivery area.
Lots of good stuff!

https://kc.doortodoororganics.com/shop-good-food

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 08:56:04 AM »
I’m not sure why “Annie-s” is in the URL for that article. The article does not mention Annie’s, which until recently was an independent organic brand. It was acquired this year by General Mills, who are apparently trying to buy some cred with thoughtful eaters. The move is more likely to result in corruption and destruction of the brand.

Janknitz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 09:35:51 AM »
They have it right when they say that by not carrying certain products they haven't just lost a few dollars of a sale, they've lost the entire basket of sales. We rarely shop at the Safeway two blocks from our house anymore, preferring a nearby Whole Foods or across the town at Trader Joes. Safeway didn't carry the types of things we buy now. But recently I was surprised to find a large section of kombucha and a greatly expanded organics section there. Unfortunately, they lost us as regular shoppers some time ago, and it will take more than a few organic things to get us back.

Linda R

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 10:18:44 AM »
Similar situation here in the Des Moines area with a grocery chain called Dahl's, a high end grocery, pushing Angus beef, etc.
I only shopped there occasionally, the parking lot was never full when I drove by.

Once I saw that the HyVee a few blocks away now had not only an organic fruit/veggie department tucked into their produce section but also a very large Health Market filled with organic, sugar free, gluten free, products, I never returned to Dahl's.
They have closed and are filing for bankruptcy.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 11:29:10 AM »
Same thing here in northern NJ.  Stores with a nice variety of organic vegetables and fruits, grass fed beef and dairy, free range etc. are more crowded now than the stores that haven't changed. 

What amazed me the most was that a local supermarket sells grass fed beef from Australia at less than Angus beef.  There aren't a lot of cuts available at the moment, but the price is right.  I'm sure our local farmers will soon be able to compete since they don't have the transportation costs.  Even Whole Foods has become more competitive and is stocking more ingredients that we would use at a fair price. 

Dr. Davis's 2011 book popularized this entire way of eating.  I'm astounded at the difference in the way I am preparing foods, the foods I am eating and the equipment/cookbooks I purchased with the money I saved by this way of eating.  My medicine cabinet is empty of all those OTC pain relievers, allergy meds, acid reducing meds, ear wax cleaners, dry eye drops, various skin creams and potions among other things.  CVS isn't happy! My Doctor isn't happy!  My body IS HAPPY!

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 11:29:10 AM »

Sponsored Links