This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: I miss you guys!  (Read 4844 times)

HungryinTN

I miss you guys!
« on: December 11, 2014, 08:07:53 AM »
I've been posting on the Mark's Daily Apple forums recently with activity on here being so low, but man, it is NOT the same.  There is so much hostility and aggression among the PBers!  What is it about the Paleo/Primal culture that seems to foster that kind of behavior?  Maybe it's an age difference between forums?  There's just so much troll-like behavior and dismissiveness. 

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: I miss you guys!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 09:38:23 AM »
Hungry,

Perhaps those people are still cleansing from their grain and sugar diets.  They probably need more calming vitamins and herbs as well while their body adjusts.  There is no single "right" way for everyone.  That said, too many people feel you have to do it their way, no matter what the "it" is.  I personally believe that we all need at least magnesium supplementation because it isn't in our food, even organic.  At least 40% of the population has trouble utilizing folate and B-12 because of the MTHFR genetic defect and really need to supplement both using the methylated B.  This alone would stop a lot of the aggression.

Loanne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 09:42:57 AM »
I, too, miss the postings...I've even tried to think of a WB issue I'm having, just to start conversations going!  :)   But I'm still here and reading this every day.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 09:51:31 AM »
Loanne,

We are all running around preparing for the holidays!  New issues will come up soon.

HungryinTN

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 09:55:01 AM »
I, too, miss the postings...I've even tried to think of a WB issue I'm having, just to start conversations going!  :)   But I'm still here and reading this every day.

Right?  Me too!  I'm puttering along through my egg fast experiment (which is going pretty successfully, so far) but I miss the constant sharing of information and experiences.  When I try to share an experience on the MDA boards, in response to a question or even asking one, I feel like everyone thinks I'm saying that my way is THE way, but all I'm saying is "this is what worked for me.  If you're doing something different and it's not working, give this a shot.  Here are some articles about it."  And then the s--tstorm ensues. 

Linda R

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 12:18:38 PM »
Loanne,

We are all running around preparing for the holidays!  New issues will come up soon.

Not me, I don't get into Xmas, but I am here everyday to see if anyone has posted an interesting tidbit or article or perhaps a new recipe I might like to try.

I think Rita needs to be given a lot of credit for not allowing the sniping and negative crap here.
I raise my glass to her!

Speaking of raising a glass, I RARELY drink.
Can someone recommend a low to moderately priced rose wine for evenings, after dinner?
Not dry, slightly sweet?

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 05:56:43 PM »
I've been so busy.  I'll make an effort to be better about posting.

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 07:43:20 PM »
> There is so much hostility and aggression among the PBers!

Actually, that's pretty much normal for the vast majority of internet discussions, going back 30 years.

WFF is exceptionally civilized, which spoils people.

Either that, or Rita is a pro-active ex-SEAL troll killer, and we never see the mayhem  :) .

Randal

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 07:57:45 PM »
I've been MIA for a few weeks as I got an amazing opportunity that resulted in a quick move to the Northwest, which was greatly welcome as I hated Silicon Valley. Will be posting more once I get settled.

Here's the funny WB related thing: because of the transition, my exercise fell by the wayside for a couple months. But I still followed the WOE. Yesterday, I couldn't remember which two pairs of jeans didn't fit. I tried them all on... and now they all fit.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2014, 04:10:27 AM »
MIA.....Our Thanksgiving trip north was extended due to the sudden death of my husband's BIL....within a few hours of our return to KW, we got a phone call that his sister (who was quite ill) had died as well. I've heard of couples dying within days of one another.....but I've never know anyone personally. It was all very surreal.

On a happier note, we had two boatloads of Cubans arrive last week and our yoga class was the welcoming committee...that is always a joyful experience!

Randal.....congrats on your move! My son and his family live there and love the earth-friendly atmosphere.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2014, 05:41:04 AM »
So sorry to hear about your brother in law Jan.   {{{Hug}}}

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2014, 05:44:47 AM »
Either that, or Rita is a pro-active ex-SEAL troll killer, and we never see the mayhem.

How did you know Boundless?!  I thought I was so good about keeping that  a secret.  ;)

I got an amazing opportunity that resulted in a quick move to the Northwest, which was greatly welcome as I hated Silicon Valley. Will be posting more once I get settled

Congrats Randall.  I LOVE the northwest!

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2014, 08:02:06 AM »
>WFF is exceptionally civilized, which spoils people.

This is true, although if you are on FB, there are a few iinformational/supportive groups.....one is; "very low carb for those who thrive on it" and another is "zero carb".... There are others as well but these two tend to offer more support, information and links in a gentle & positive way. There's another diabetes warrior page and I'm not sure how I got invited to join that one (since I'm not diabetic) but there's lots of great information regarding blood sugars etc. it was started by Steve Cooksey, the guy who got sued by a nutritional council in one of the Carolinas for advocating medical/nutritional advice on the Internet without the proper credentials. While I'm not exceptionally active on any of them, they do provide interesting food for thought.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2014, 08:31:04 AM »
Speaking of MDA......he's on Dr. Oz tomorrow.....http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/paleo-solution-pain

While I'm not a fan, I like the fact the message is going mainstream.....

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2014, 09:36:39 AM »
I'm here pretty much every day too. I'm still out here looking for the magic pill/food that will level out my wayward body.

DH got a job a couple of weeks ago (after 2-1/2 years) and, believe it or not, I'm busier than before. I thought I'd be bored...but not so far. I actually tend to get more done. I get out a bit more too...I've been quite a hermit for some time now...and love it most of the time!

I like the idea that Rita is our forum police:)) Thanks for keeping the trolls and other mayhem away!!!

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2014, 11:10:51 AM »
I've missed you guys too. This semester has been the semester from hell...dealing with unreasonable people (the faculty type) is the world's worst. I do not understand people who are hateful and mean. But that's the world I'm living in right now. Because each of the places I've served have had challenges, I've had some rough spells, but this has been the worst. The hits just keep on coming.

Anyway, we have our graduate hooding ceremony tonight and two commencements tomorrow--always happy times for our students' achievements. And on Sunday DH and I are headed to Maui and Kauai. I have a very big birthday next week and so while we wanted to go to the Canadian Rockies, because of the time of year I decided I needed another Hawaii fix so that I can mark Hawaii off my bucket list for good. We're planning a helicopter tour (with the doors off) on Kauai!  I'll be scared to death for sure because I generally hate flying, but it will be wonderful.

Still wheat free and except for the last couple of days when I've been eating Russell Stover dark chocolates that my Assistant Dean gave me, have been pretty much sugar free. Going to the gym almost every day and sweating. A good thing. Haven't lost too much weight but I can really tell that my stamina and strength have improved. My complexion has been nearly flawless (as flawless as it can be) and people are noticing. Not quite to the point where I can do significant changes in wardrobe but I'm wearing clothes I haven't worn for years.

Hope all of you have a great holiday! I'll check back in after Hawaii and when I get back on track. It is hard to stay true while traveling but we are doing our best. DH just had an excellent doctor visit today and I'm so happy his NMR LDL-P numbers are significantly improved and for the first time in years within normal range. Maybe he will be around for awhile.

Take care!

LibbyMe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2014, 04:42:14 PM »
I'm in and out as well probably due to the slowness on this site.  I'm on a WB one on FB that is pretty civil.  The 1st ones in it were on 2 different others that became hostle and snippy.  Folks would sign up, not read the book and ask questions that you could tell they wanted to be "spoon fed" the information.  Responses would be civil BUT there were those who took exception and would attack the person for attacking them.  It would bring a lot of drama....so these few started their own FB page.  It's for those who are totally WB and not deviating from it.  Not low-fat, low-carb and not paleo and not where one makes up their own idea on how to work it.  Back to the drama thing....I think some folks thrive on it and get their excitement from it.

I think whomever the admin on here is good about the trolls.  I like this site quite a bit so come every so often to see if there's a new conversation.

Linda R

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2014, 05:50:19 PM »

I think whomever the admin on here is good about the trolls.  I like this site quite a bit so come every so often to see if there's a new conversation.

Rita is the "boss man".  LOL

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2014, 05:50:19 PM »

Sponsored Links