This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Applied Kinesiology  (Read 1067 times)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Applied Kinesiology
« on: December 13, 2014, 10:27:20 PM »
I'm curious what all of you think about applied kinesiology (muscle testing).   It's a process that is used to check imbalances in the body.   

Here's an overview of what it is:

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
Re: Applied Kinesiology
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 04:02:25 AM »
Both my chiropractors (north and south) use it for diagnostic purposes....my northern one also uses it to test supplements (BTW Rita, he sells Standard Process Labs too)......but rather than putting the substance in your mouth, he just has you hold it. My understanding is that Applied Kinesiology was discovered back in the 60's by Dr. Goodheart (I think he was in the Detroit area) and is now part of the standard chiropractic curriculum. Good stuff!

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 02:11:51 PM »
My chiropractor uses it sometimes to test a muscle after adjusting it. But I don't think he uses it beforehand for diagnosis...not sure. This is very interesting. I'm in.

Janknitz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 09:09:53 AM »
I'm sure I'm going to catch flames for this and be accused of being closed-minded, but I have yet to see ANY non anecdotal evidence that supports its validity.  Until I do, this stays squarely in my "bunk" file.

I think that chiropractors and other "practitioners" lose a lot of credibility when they promote this type of assessment.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 09:09:53 AM »

Sponsored Links