This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: substitute for pasta?  (Read 2025 times)

sweetjanny

• View Profile
substitute for pasta?
« on: December 14, 2014, 10:45:46 AM »
I don't want to get into the habit of a cheat day but I do love my pasta and wanted to know if pasta made strictly from rice is ok once in a blue moon? 

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: substitute for pasta?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 11:33:06 AM »
SJ,

You would be much better off making spiralized vegetables (Zoodles) or eating Miracle Noodles made with konjac flour.  Rice is highly glycemic, has other qualities you want to avoid and should be eaten only in very small quantities for butyrate content (Cooked, cooled, reheated).

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 01:39:52 PM »
Spaghetti squash is really yummy.

And I agree with Barbara that zoodles work out great too. 

The Miracle Noodles are okay, but not my favorite..

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 02:23:08 PM »
I don't care for the Miracle Noodles. I do like the zoodles. I also like spaghetti squash.

Redhead65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 02:44:04 PM »
I like spiralized veggies as a substitue for pasta. To date I had not heard of konjak flour, but when I googled the products, they look really strange. I do not want to taste them. When I did not have in my mind yet that buckwheat is high carb, I ate buckwheat noodles once, and they tasted really awful.

HungryinTN

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 07:41:23 AM »
A julienne tool is cheaper than a spiralizer and julienned zucchini is a great pasta substitute.  Julienne a whole zucchini, put it in a skillet with some butter, cook it for a few minutes over medium heat, add sauce/seasonings as desired.  Great with grain-free meatballs!

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 07:41:23 AM »

Sponsored Links