This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: saccharomyces boulardii probiotic  (Read 706 times)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
saccharomyces boulardii probiotic
« on: December 28, 2014, 03:43:07 PM »
I've recently come across a different sort of probiotic called "saccharomyces boulardii" which is derived from lychee nut and mangosteen fruit skins.  It is excellent for travelers and to overcome candida/antibiotic use.  Good for diarrhea/constipation.  This is used all over the world and is marketed under the name of Florastor.  This is sold OTC in drug stores like CVS who sells this under their own brand name as well for about $20. 

This is exceptionally good for UTI's.  Often used in Asian countries as a tea made from the skins, it is now readily available in capsule form.  This is worth doing an internet search to discover the many digestive and intestinal benefits.  Non dairy.  No refrigeration.  Short term treatment.  Good for enhancing your gut biome. 

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Re: saccharomyces boulardii probiotic
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 08:12:50 PM »
I love that my probiotic has it too.  Saccharomyces boulardii is a beneficial yeast.  And, if you ever run into a situation where you have to take antibiotics, this is a good probiotic to take with it, as antibiotics kill bacteria, but not yeast.   You want to get the beneficial yeast to grow instead of Candida (also a yeast).

Wheat Free Forum

Re: saccharomyces boulardii probiotic
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 08:12:50 PM »

Sponsored Links