This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Almond milk  (Read 1263 times)

Keona

• View Profile
Almond milk
« on: January 06, 2015, 09:25:42 AM »
I'm new to this forum & relatively new to the WB diet but loving it & wanting to make the right choices during my journey. I would appreciate advice re the best almond milk to use as the ones I've checked on Amazon etc have hidden ingredients which I believe are a no no ?   :(

Redhead65

• View Profile
Re: Almond milk
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 01:36:19 AM »
I hope the other members can help you better. I am from Germany, and I do not know the US brands, but I can sympathize wth your efforts to find the right milk. In Germany I was able to find only one brand of almond milk that is unsweetened. Incredible. :-(
If you have a blender, you might be able to make your own almond milk.

HungryinTN

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 04:04:41 AM »
I've never seen a store brand that I trusted (I don't incorporate a lot of nuts or nut-based foods into my diet anyway, so not much of a problem for me).  Probably the best option is to make your own, something like this recipe:  http://wellnessmama.com/366/organic-almond-milk/

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 05:52:15 AM »
It really is very easy to make your own almond milk, just like Hungry in Tn. said.  Most of the commercial brands do have lots of stuff you don't want in them, but the unsweetened variety is fairly OK to start with.  You might just do a quick internet search about almond milk and additives to see if there are ingredients which you know creates problems for you.  You can always some of your sweetener to taste.  There are many regional commercial brands available, so keep reading those labels.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 05:52:15 AM »

Sponsored Links