This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Basic wheat belly bread  (Read 1876 times)

Redhead65

• View Profile
Basic wheat belly bread
« on: February 02, 2015, 01:23:26 PM »
Hi, I have made the basic bread a couple of times, but somehow I keep suspecting that there is a translation error or that something is missing in the German version of the cook book. In my book the only fluid that is added to the basic bread are 5 eggs. No water or anything. With just the eggs (stiff egg whites and egg yolks separately) it is not even possible to stir the ingredients. Does anybody mind telling me what the American recipe is like - just the ingredients - not the details?

Right from the start I have added water and it works fine. I only hope that there will not be more errors in the translation.

I should have bought the original version to begin with.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Basic wheat belly bread
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 01:57:43 PM »
Redhead,

Is this the Sandwich Bread recipe from the 30 minute or less WB cookbook?  Like most of the recipes using nuts and seed, it calls for separated eggs, melted butter or oil, and perhaps a TBS of milk or water.  Most of the recipes don't use much in the way of additional liquids.

Loanne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 02:39:30 PM »
I've made several breads from Dr. D's first book...they all turned out good for me.  Also tried the Paleo "multi" grain bread yesterday, with seeds (to make it seem like multi-grain, I guess)...did not turn out at all.  I ended up pitching the whole thing.  But my loaf of Gourmet Girl's Awesome bread always turns out great, and is good!  So...had a slice this morning with breakfast.

Redhead65

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 12:19:30 PM »
It is the basic bread in the regular cookbook. It is the first recipe in the bread section. On the German cookbook it is page 282-283. Don't know whether that helps. To be precise, there are 4 spoons full of butter in the recipe.

Last night I made the bread with dried organic herbs, and it turned out really nice (again - with the added liquid).

I have one more question - can baking powder cause burping? I have not eaten any bread now, and the burping stopped. At first I had suspected that eating hastily, eating too much or eating milk products might have caused a problem, but when I did not eat milk products for 10 days or so, it made no difference. I also focused more on my speed of eating. Today especially I can say for sure I eat super slowly and only half a slice of bread (afte 6 hours without food but with plenty of water), and the burping started again.
I then began to wonder whether the natron of the basic bread causes the problem. Don't laugh - I am enervated, and in theory I know that natron is supposed to help against burpring. But I just do not get it. 10 days or more without bread, and I did not burp.
In German cakes there is not that much natron compared to the amount of nut flour.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 12:19:30 PM »

Sponsored Links