This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Vaccinations  (Read 8108 times)

BarbinNC

• View Profile
Vaccinations
« on: February 06, 2015, 04:46:15 AM »
I am very interested in a discussion about vaccinations.  Would love to do a survey, to see what the general consensus is here among the informed, should one or should one not have babies, now even while still in the womb, injected with these immunizations.  I am against it.  This measles "outbreak" is interesting, if you follow the dialog, it seems to me it's the vaccinated who are getting sick?  Not sure, but that is what it's sounding like.  Doctor's offices refusing to treat those who are not immunized, because their patients refuse to have their children sit in the same waiting room as those who are not immunized?  My brain immediately said "wait, if you're child is vaccinated, should you have to worry>??" anyway, I'm no expert here,  but my daughter decided to wait and has not had her son vaccinated.  Yet. 

Any opinions?

littlbit

• View Profile
Re: Vaccinations
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 08:14:27 AM »
Went to the doctor yesterday just for a general checkup and to get referrals for the "preventative" yearly checkups we are allowed by the insurance company.

Anyway, because of my age, only 63, he started asking about vaccines and mentioned the shingles vaccine.  I told him "no' with a very firm tone and I didn't want to take any other type of vaccine either.  He said that was fine and he doesn't push any of his patients into doing something they don't want.  I also told him that I was no longer taking the statin for my cholesterol.  He asked my why and without getting into a long winded discussion about it, I told him that from my standpoint, there were way too many side effects and I rather not.  He kind of frowned but didn't say anything else.   :)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 10:08:40 AM »
Vaccinations can be VERY harmful to fetus, infants and children.  The vaccine is often made from serums which can cause a severe reaction and PERMANENT brain damage requiring custodial care for those sensitive children their entire lives.  The vaccine manufacturers do not have a any way of knowing or even want to test to  determine sensitivity to the vaccine.  They don't bother developing one either.  That is the problem and it is a very big problem that has been swept under the rug. 

This has nothing to do with patriotism.  Parents are refusing to take the risk of vaccinating their children because of this.  Instead of big pharma using their skills to make their vaccines better, they take their chances that most parents don't have the resources to prove the vaccine caused the problem, just like the tobacco industry. 

Even the shingles vaccine doesn't prevent getting shingles.  It will, perhaps, and only perhaps, make your illness less severe.  A better way is to keep your immune system strong so you don't catch it in the first place.  Flu shots don't really help much in preventing catching the flu, yet are promoted everywhere.
This is a big money maker for the entire industry.

What is needed is some honesty from big pharma about the real effects of their products they promote instead of the lip service.  Disclosure is paramount. 
Making a better vaccine will go a long way in getting their products accepted by mainstream parents.  When profits come first, the manufacturers and even the FDA serve themselves, not the public. 

If you have ever seen any of the babies and children so tragically harmed by the vaccines, you would just cry.   Would you want your children to take the risk?  Would you?

Linda R

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 10:19:11 AM »
My 2 cents

When I was a kid, my three brothers and I all came down with measles, mumps and chicken pox. It was no big deal. We got to skip school till we were better, but that was it.

Today kids are given so many injections, it really is concerning, and if I were raising kids again, I would probably be fighting with both my doctor and the school system.

I totally distrust Big Pharma and have no intention of kowtowing to their constant barrage of ads telling me to get a flu shot, another for shingles, etc. I put those ads in the same category as the statin ads. More big bucks for the CEO's of Big Pharma in order to send their kids to the best colleges.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 01:43:18 PM »
Adding another two cents.....

Like Linda, as children in the 50's, I, along with my sisters and all my friends had all the normal childhood illnesses, measles, mumps, chicken pox (excluding polio, which was the only vaccine available at the time)......we survived and our immune systems are probably healthier because of it.

Fast forward to the late 70's/early 80's when my boys were born.....DPT shots were standard at a few months of age (probably along with the mump vaccine too) but because I had a very progressive pediatrician, we delayed until I was done nursing, which was about a year....the medical logic was that as long as the boys were nursing, they were getting my antibodies. In those years, they didn't have the chicken pox vaccine, nor many of the ones prevalent today (including hepatitis ) so they got and survived chicken pox and I remember a short 3 day stint with the measles but after a week, they were fine.

If I had children and had to face the multitude of vaccines recommended today, I'd like to think I would be very wary......anytime the FDA and Big Pharma recommend something, I have, sadly, learned to be extremely skeptical. And no, I don't do flu shots either....

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 02:38:45 PM »
This is a really tough one.  I had all the usual vaccinations for a 66 year old, as a child: tetanus, polio and tuberculosis. I did both measles the hard way; by catching them.  My son had to have half vaccinations because he had allergic reactions to pertussis.  He still ran higher fevers than most kids but only for a couple days. I really prayed every time he got one.  Once into manhood, he withstood the full barrage of the Marine Corps just fine.  I caught chicken pox from him in my forties (the dr thought that was hysterical) and gave it to a coworker! Now I wonder if I can still get mumps and whooping cough?  I've been on both sides of this equation.  I even realize that a vaccination is no guarantee.  I also know that the incidence of measles has dropped from 500,000+ to several hundred.  Looks to me as though the vaccines worked, at least in that respect. I now wonder if there was enough death and disability to warrant full scale vaccination.   Each family needs to look closely at their own health history to decide.  I also feel we need to accept personal responsibility for that decision.  I won't beat up my son's lifetime friend for the chicken pox I caught from him, if I come down with shingles (but I might curse him a bit under my breath), after all, I could have gotten a vaccination when they came out.

littlbit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 02:45:29 PM »
Well, from what my mother had told me many years ago, though she doesn't remember for sure now, (there were six of us), the only thing I never really got was the measles.  I think she said I didn't get the full blown case, but just a mild reaction when it was going around.  Now it's hit Florida so I will have to keep my fingers crossed.  Let's hope that mild reaction was enough to keep my antibodies up.

HungryinTN

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 08:08:01 AM »
My feeling about the vaccination panic is that it may be a misdirection - something being used to distract us from something (like Roundup or any number of chemicals that have made their way into our food system and environment) that is causing the problems people are linking to vaccines.  There are unvaccinated children with autism and loads of vaccinated children who are perfectly fine. I'm not necessarily in favor of the full spectrum of vaccines that are recommended, but things like the MMR (the one chemical in it that was linked to any considerable health risk was eliminated years ago) and tetanus had been doing more measurable good than harm.  Lord knows I don't trust modern medicine, but I trust the media (and the talking head of a former Playboy model Jenny McCarthy) possibly even less.  It seems like a great way to distract public attention from the toxic load of chemicals Americans are exposed to on a daily basis by our food suppliers and major industries. 

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 09:57:12 AM »
Hungry,

I strongly disagree.  This is not merely a "distraction".  Some vaccines work.  Most of them have only minimal success, but are touted as necessary.  They only add more poison to your body.  The shingles vaccine, for example, doesn't do anything much except perhaps lighten the severity of the illness.  It does not prevent you from getting it.  This is just recent information surfacing.  There will be much more to come.  This is an entire area that needs to be investigated and made public. 

Reactions to the supposed vaccines can be life threatening.  This is well known.  Would you want to be the parent of a child who was normal until (s)he got the shots and then lost the ability to walk, talk, feed themselves and needs to wear a diaper for the rest of their lives?  Your local school system is probably paying for home instruction or special education classes for these handicapped children while they are school age.  After that, it is the family responsibility for 100% care 24/7. 

HungryinTN

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 10:24:12 AM »
Shingles, flu, chicken pox, and other newer vaccines are not among the ones that I would necessarily defend.  I do think the medical world has gone a little vaccine crazy.  I have not had children yet, but if I do it will be in the next three years or so, and I will absolutely vaccinate my children, with the same vaccines I was given at 1 year old in 1984, without hesitation.  And I will absolutely refuse to take them to a doctor who does not require patients to vaccinate. I do believe the good outweighs the bad in many (but not all) cases.  The resurgence of measles is unnecessary.  The only information I have seen to the contrary has come, as Randall said, from bad science and propaganda. There are, of course, always going to be negative reactions to any substance on the face of the planet in at least a small percentage of the population. The adverse reactions of which you speak, if they can actually be linked to vaccines (I have never seen a report I trusted indicating so), are incredibly rare, and it is still to the benefit of the greater good to continue the standard immunization schedule.  Unless you're just strongly pro-population control, which is something I can't really argue against since I lean that way anyway. 

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2015, 10:47:42 AM »
Except that (at least as far as measles go), according to CDC records there has not been one death attributed to measles during the last ten years....while during that same ten year time frame and according to VAERS (vaccine adverse event reporting system), there have been 108 deaths related to the measle vaccine.

HungryinTN

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2015, 11:04:52 AM »
The VAERS is a complicated dataset to work with because it is based entirely on voluntary reporting and does not require confirmation of causality, only that the "adverse event" happened at some point after administration of the vaccine.  In my opinion, this does not give the available data enough meaning on which to base an important decision for my imaginary future children (that said, I may not ever have children so my opinion on the matter may be irrelevant anyway). 

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2015, 05:24:40 AM »
If vaccines are entirely safe, then why was VICP created? Two billion dollars in compensation (as of 2010 and not including civil awards), is not insignificant.

http://www.nvic.org/injury-compensation.aspx

Not to mention the revolving door politics CDC, NIH etc. officials play with slimy Big Pharma....

http://www.greatergoodmovie.org/video/vaccine-beat-4-living-the-american-dream/

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2015, 06:49:49 AM »
The VAERS data is designed to be complicated, subjective and difficult to use.  Subjective and voluntary reporting, while helpful, is not exactly scientific and does not reveal all the problems with the vaccines.  The industry has been less than upfront with their results and basically has used lobbyists and advertising to get you to purchase their product.  That is the problem.  You are injecting yourself or your loved ones with something that might kill you, cause you severe brain damage, make you disabled in some manner, etc.  While some vaccines are excellent, big pharma has lost their integrity and more and more people are refusing to inject a toxin which they have no way of knowing will actually prevent the horrible illnesses they supposedly are designed to do. 

If the pharmaceutical companies were honest and upfront with their data, then the general population could make informed decisions.  They were not and it is most suspicious.  Even the rigors of FDA testing protocols and guidelines have been circumvented,  it being cheaper to pay off those harmed than make their vaccine better.  I had a GE refrigerator that needed constant repair.  The company knowingly used a substandard part which failed 5% of the time.  It was cheaper for them to pay a serviceman to repair your appliance if you complained loudly enough than to use a better quality part.  This is the same attitude manufacturers have about the vaccines.  I was only aggravated and lost food.  A disabled infant, child and adult is quite a different reason for a company to save money.

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2015, 07:23:38 AM »
Thank you everyone, you don't know how helpful all this input has been!  I always learn from this forum, very appreciative here ;)

I will be out most of today, but wanted to quickly post and say that the reason my daughter decided to hold off with her vaccinations was reading Dr. Sears book, he is a medical doctor - the son of the older Dr. Sears - and not totally against vaccinations, but states clearly that what is being injecting into babies today is too much, too soon and most often not necessary.  I haven't read the entire book, but she did make me read excerpts, and it sounds like completely different composition and dosage than what we were faced with in the 80s when our kids were born (seems there are a lot of us in our 60s here).  They are grouping the vaccinations, so that parents can't pick and choose what and when to give the misc. immunizations.

Barbara - I have had the same experience with a GE fridge, and so did my boss when he bought his new house . very frustrating, and the reason why I only buy Whirlpool or Kitchenaid now :)

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2015, 03:17:08 PM »
http://vaccineimpact.com/2015/dr-brownstein-m-d-human-dna-from-fetal-cells-in-measles-vaccine-could-be-linked-to-increase-in-autism/

Very interesting article by a doctor I have a lot of respect for.  This makes sense to me.

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2015, 03:43:03 PM »
http://vaccineimpact.com/2015/zero-u-s-measles-deaths-in-10-years-but-over-100-measles-vaccine-deaths-reported/

also very interesting and exactly what my intuition is about this vaccination "scare"

The government is stockpiling untested vaccinations, to be used in times of "emergency" congress decided that this is to be paid for by taxpayers money, in the name of "homeland security" I say, this stinks to high Heaven. 

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2015, 02:57:12 PM »
Was just combing through some articles online regarding the CDC and vaccines this one came up.  Wondering when this corruption will end?  Is there any way to get back to decency and less greed in this country? 

Not sure, but I remember when my daughter was born, in 1985 there were already reports on the neurological damages done to babies after receiving the MMR vaccines, and the amount back then was nothing compared to what they are injecting into these little bodies today.  It's shocking, and now the right wing party in NC wants to do away with personal choice, whatever happened to keeping the government out of my business?  Only when it suits their pocket books, I guess.

Sorry, but this is upsetting me very much.

Rita, perhaps you could move this thread to the off topic section, so others don't have to read it thinking it's about eating wheat free.  Thank you for giving us a forum to discuss these issues that are important to us at a time when it seems nothing matters but money.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/opinion/editorials/2005-07-05-oppose_x.htm

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2015, 04:30:03 PM »

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2015, 10:50:49 AM »
It would be nice to think all those fevers we suffered would prove beneficial now.  Thanks for the article, Jan.

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2015, 01:30:55 PM »
I am going to have my shingles vaccination soon. THAT is something I want to avoid and now that I'm of that certain age, I can get the shot and insurance will pay for it!

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2015, 05:51:55 AM »
Did anyone else watch the movie Bought - it was free online, not sure if it still is, but I signed up for their newsletters and just received this yesterday.  Quite interesting.

I will not let myself be vaccinated ever again.  There have been too many already in my life, and I regret having my daughter vaccinated, although back in the 80s these shots weren't quite as toxic it seems, or at least not as heaped upon us as they are now.  Seems every time we turn around, there's another needle to be administered. 

The immune system is where it's at!  As they said in the "Cancer Cure" films, "cancer is a disease of the immune system" and I am firmly convinced of that, myself.

Well, here's the video of Dr. Wahls talking about vaccines.

http://jeffhaysfilms.com/bought-movie-bonus-short-terry-wahls-m-d/

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2015, 07:04:34 AM »

Have y'all seen this? Watch the video. Is there any reason not to believe this? I found it through The Truth About Cancer Facebook site. Apparently Ty Bollinger's family has been threatened too. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who is suspicious about the natural doctors who have died or "gone missing" recently.

http://www.naturalnews.com/050728_Big_Pharma_black_ops_Merck_employee_Brandy_Vaughan.html

Greentree

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2015, 07:12:04 AM »
I am not SO certain the vaccines are actually the problem, but that our immune systems are so weak from fighting the effects of the WHEAT that they are overloaded by the antibodies.

My ISP does not want me to watch videos right now, so I will have to watch them later.....

BarbinNC

• View Profile

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2015, 07:01:54 PM »
One of my fellow yoga teachers is 29 years old and had a healthy baby boy 12 days ago....high Apgar score etc......he died two days ago and the cause of death was SIDS. When she called me, I asked if he was vaccinated at the hospital and she said yes. Once the dust settles, I want to have the vaccination conversation....she's a lawyer,

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2015, 06:46:49 AM »
What a horrible thing for your fellow teacher, I'm so sorry for her loss.

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2015, 06:59:53 AM »
Jan, this is beyond sad, it makes my heart cringe.  I can't even imagine   :'(

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2015, 02:52:53 PM »
This horror story is repeated much too often.  However, PROVING the vaccinations were the cause of death is not so easy.  All anyone can do is, after a few months, provide copies of the literature about vaccinations.  As these parents work through their grief, it is up to them if they want to pursue any legal actions.  These type of lawsuits aren't for the faint of heart and certainly hard on your nerves.  Many people can't cope with the added stress.  Tread lightly!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2015, 04:12:21 PM »
So sorry that your friend has to go through a loss like that.  Very hard.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2015, 11:40:18 AM »
Yes, it's devastating. I was probably presumptuous in even asking about vaccinations but sometimes my mouth goes off before my brain engages. I've lost a father, a mother, a husband, relatives, friends.....but never a child.....can't even imagine the pain. I have no idea the outcome, but m y first gut instinct was 'vaccinations'!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2015, 07:35:11 AM »

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2015, 03:12:44 PM »
Good article, Rita.  Almost daily I see mentions of small babies dying in their sleep, after receiving vaccinations.  Or going into shock, comatose, brain dead etc.  It's quite shocking, and why do we not hear about this in the media?  Only severe and public cases are reported, but certainly not even a small percentage of what I see mentioned on Facebook almost daily.  My daughter declined/refused all vaccinations during pregnancy and right after birth.  I hope they listened, my GS roomed in so I don't think they had much of a chance to do things behind their backs.  Can you tell I'm getting quite jaded.  I don't trust the medical community with a 20 ft pole at this point. 

My daughter was allergic to eggs when she was little.  And she had extreme allergies causing asthma starting in around age 7.  So when they wanted to start flu shots, we were able to avoid due to the egg allergies.  She did start allergy shots and got them weekly for about a year.  Her arm would swell up horribly, and I just couldn't take it any more, after about a year, when the swelling was so horrible, she couldn't get her blouse on, the sleeve was too small.  That's when something inside me went - heck with it, we will deal with it in other ways.  This was around 1992, and we got our first computer in 1995, and I started cruising the internet, and found interesting things regarding allergies.  But it took me until she went off to college, to figure out she was allergic to grains! 

I know we both had the Hepatitis vaccination, she was probably 10 or 12, and they decided to give me one too, while they were at it.  We were with Kaiser Permanente back then, very mediocre and sometimes dangerous outfit, if you were basically healthy, you could get through ok, but I know two people personally, who died from lack of care, one had Lyme's and it was misdiagnosed, he went into coma and died.  The wife settled, and was sworn to silence, but told me about it anyway. ;)  The other was an asthma patient, who was prescribed a different inhaler because the one he was using was not covered any more, and he died of an asthma attack, not having sufficient air with this new inhaler.  You can imagine how scared I was for my little girl .  :'(

Anyway, sorry for the tangent, just that I have a long history of distrust when it comes to these treatments, and now it's come full circle.  I don't think we will vaccinate GS at all.  Ironically, all the hysteria about the Measles a while back, got me thinking - why are the vaccinated folks so worried, about unvaccinated kids getting sick?  They should have nothing to worry about if those vaccinations are as good as they claim.  Right?

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2017, 04:29:40 PM »

Looks like the flu vaccine was ineffective for people 65 and older last winter:

https://www.lifeextensioneurope.com/news/Disease/flu-vaccine-ineffective-for-people-65-and-older-last-winter

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2017, 04:29:40 PM »

Sponsored Links