This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Stuffed Poblano Peppers  (Read 1430 times)

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
Stuffed Poblano Peppers
« on: May 23, 2013, 08:08:16 PM »

Poblano Peppers
(serves about 4 people as a main dish)

Some times I brown my meat with onions, salt & pepper, and garlic powder and freeze it...ready to use.

If meat is not browned, start here:

2 TBSP olive oil
1 lb ground beef or other ground meat
1 small onion, diced
Salt and pepper
1 TBSP garlic powder

Heat oil in large skillet. Add rest of above ingredients and cook until browned.
----------------------------------
4 Poblano peppers, stem and core removed and sliced in half lengthwise
1 TBSP chili powder
Chipotle chile pepper seasoning (to taste) - less than 1/2 tsp
1 can fire roasted tomatoes (chopped)
Cheese

If my meat is already browned and prepared, start here:

Defrost meat and spices. Add fire roasted tomatoes, chili powder and chipotle. Simmer to cook down juice and tenderize meat. Remove from heat.

Meanwhile preheat broiler in oven. Line a baking sheet with deep sides with foil. Place peppers skin side up on the sheet. Lightly baste or spray with olive oil and broil in oven for about 6 minutes. Flip over and cook another 5-6 minutes, until nicely browned. (Usually I only roast the skin side.)

Be sure poblanos are skin side down. Fill each half with the meat mixture, or (since poblanos are pretty shapeless at this point) pour meat mixture over poblanos like a casserole. Place a slice of cheese on each poblano, or cover all with grated cheese. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or so.

Note: For some added flavor, sprinkle with cilantro or any other yummy topping! Serve with black beans, lettuce/tomato topped with salsa, guacamole, jalapeņos.

arlin

• View Profile
Re: Stuffed Poblano Peppers
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 09:26:10 PM »
Yuuuuu-mmy! Thanks deanna :)

Wheat Free Forum

Re: Stuffed Poblano Peppers
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 09:26:10 PM »

Sponsored Links