This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Dr D right about whey...  (Read 1571 times)

Linda R

Dr D right about whey...
« on: February 13, 2015, 12:28:23 PM »
I had to visit my GP yesterday for an annual, pain in the butt, appointment, just to get a scrip renewed.

I NEVER look at the scale when they weigh me, I don't care what that number is, I allowed the scale to rule my life for TOO MANY years and I refuse to do it anymore. I did learn, however, that I was 6 pounds lighter than last year. Based upon how well my cords have been fitting this winter, it was not a surprise.

How did this happen?

I am now quite sure that Dr D is correct when he talks about how some of us have a problem with dairy whey and that we might need to avoid it if the weight is not coming off.

When I read that several months ago, I cut way back on heavy cream, yogurt, milk, etc. I still eat lots of cheese because it has most of the whey removed.

So, bottom line, if you are trying to drop more pounds, count your carbs every day, determine what level allows you to become ketogenic, and omit the whey products, but be sure to get lots of good, sat fat.

This worked for me, and, after being on every stinkin' diet out there for more years than I care to count, I have finally found the answer to weight control!

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Dr D right about whey...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 01:34:43 PM »
Linda,

Congats!  It sure makes a person happy when undesired weight comes off with little effort.  I find that I gain weight with dairy products as well, so I make sure I limit eating them.  I wonder if raw dairy products would cause weight gain?  Seems to me that all the beneficial bacteria and nutrients would help utilize the whey and fats properly.  Does anyone have any information about this?

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 07:09:50 AM »
Linda, I was also reviewing my last year's progress (I have a Fitbit Aria scale that is a fancy wireless gadget to auto record my weight & body fat composition--the latter doesn't work well I think). I also lost 6 pounds during the last 11 months. I'd like it to be faster and the graph looks a bit like a mini roller coaster, but at least the trend is downward. I eat a lot of cheese and am thinking about cutting back--don't know how much whey is there for which kinds of cheese, though. I mostly eat cheddar and gouda, occasionally monterrey jack & parmesan.

No milk at all, just heavy whipping cream & cream cheese in dishes like cauliflower mash, which we have about once a month.

As long as the downward trend continues, I'll be happy. But when I go for my physical next month, I'd at least like to have lost one pound per month.

I need to lose another 50 pounds before I have some much needed foot surgery...by the time I'm 70 maybe that will happen.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 07:55:22 AM »
Lila,

Nora Gedgaudas of Primal Body - Primal Mind fame stresses that digestive issues are the key to improved health.  She discusses why and this is a rather sensible discussion.  Adding betaine HCL or even a tsp of apple cider vinegar in your water or make a tea of it or even using aloe drinks or pills to sooth the area are some of the many different ways of dealing with this issue.  Once your digestion improves, including no acid reflux, burping or bloating, then all the foods and supplements will really start to do what they are supposed to do.  The weight starts coming off faster because your organs are less stressed.  Your liver can burn the fat instead of the sugar it does now. 

Dr. Carolyn Dean, Dr. Davis, Dr. Perlmutter and the rest of them all discuss various reasons when weight doesn't drop.  The common thread seems to be to correct the digestive issues for the rather intricate balancing of body chemistry to work properly and in a normal manner.  Just as you need a well balanced intestinal biome, you need proper digestion of the food you eat and the meds/vitamins/minerals you take.  This can be complicated, with every author dancing around the same issue.  My suggestion to you is to spend some time reading Gedgaudas to get an understanding of why your body isn't responding to burning fat for energy when you have a good diet.  Dr.Davis recently had a discussion on his blog about the medications which block weight loss which is an excerpt from his new book (Total Health).  Dr. Dean discusses lack of minerals at length. All this is worth your time exploring for your "key" to weight loss.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 07:55:22 AM »

Sponsored Links