This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: flaxseed oil good or bad?  (Read 1536 times)

Redhead65

• View Profile
flaxseed oil good or bad?
« on: February 25, 2015, 10:56:32 AM »
Today for the first time I am thoroughly confused about flaxseed oil. Since WB advocates the use of flaxseed flour for baking, I assumed the oil cannot be bad (I am not heating it). Besides, in German recourses I had read frequently that it is a healthy oil especially because of its higher omega 3 content.
Today, after I had bought a new bottle of organic flaxseed oild, I found this link
http://www.alsearsmd.com/2010/11/more-fake-food-do-not-fall-for-the-flaxseed-lie/

The estrogenic effects and especially the reference to cyanhydric acid / cyanide make me nervous. Any insights on that?

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: flaxseed oil good or bad?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 10:59:21 AM »
Dr. Davis doesn't think this is worth being concerned about.  I don't have the exact reference, but he has written about this many times.

Redhead65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 12:09:08 PM »
Normally I use it only for salad. But I will try to find a better oil. Today I already bought a bottle of flaxseed oil. Taking it back is not worth it. The store is too far away. But I will use it for oil pulling. There should be no harm done.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 01:28:06 PM »
The Budwig Protocol uses 1TBS flax oil to 2 TBS cottage cheese or quark blended together to many immunocompromised patients.  This helps restore proper electrical activity to cells and is very soothing.  You can add spices or fruit if you wish and increase amount using the same ratio.

I can't seem to get a link to work, so just use your search engine to look up The Budwig Protocol. 

Redhead65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 10:48:00 PM »
Thanks, Barbara. I have found the page and bookmarked it, and I will read it on the weekend.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 10:48:00 PM »

Sponsored Links