This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: What did you eat for breakfast this morning? -You can update this thread daily!  (Read 76511 times)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
I had a half a grapefruit, and 2 scrambled eggs with feta and green onion in it.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 09:44:53 AM by Rita »

Loanne

• View Profile
Re: So what did you eat for breakfast this morning?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 12:18:23 PM »
Morning!  I had shredded roasted chicken in a bowl, with a smidge of salsa, and then piled shredded cheddar cheese.  Nuked it for a minute, and it was wonderful!  Added sine cherry tomatoes alongside.  I have trouble finding things for breakfast, but my mainstay the last month has been my wonderful hamburger soup.  I brown a lb of lean hamburger, half a package of nitrate-free chorizo, pour into a crockpot with a couple of pints of my canned tomatoes (no sugar) from last summer, various veggies chopped (onions, zucchini, carrots, celery, turnips, and especially kale or spinach).  Add a little water, put the lid on and it's ready for the next day's breakfast.  I used to drain the meat really well, but now I don't.  I pour the whole saucepan into the crockpot.  Chorizo has enough spices for the soup without adding much of anything else.  Yum!

Joan from MN

• Wheat free since 1/20/13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 02:38:41 PM »
Two deviled eggs, an almond biscuit (recipe from Elana's Pantry), and coffee.

TFGal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 05:17:28 PM »
Boy, you guys have some good stuff. I eat breakfast at work due to my schedule so it's usually grab n go; today it was a hard-boiled egg, a slice of cheddar and a small handful of raw almonds. Dinner leftovers are common too. But I love that I wasn't hungry for hours, whereas if I'd eaten my previously favorite breakfast of a big bowl of oatmeal with fruit in it, I'd be starving by 9.

Jean

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 06:02:10 PM »
I'm a sucker for scrambled eggs and a couple strips of baked nitrite free bacon. If I have them around, add a coconut flour biscuit with pastured butter and sugar free jam.  Heavenly.

lwbarbara

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 06:03:41 PM »
Today as most mornings I had the fruit smoothie with strawberries recipe from the WBC.  I've tried the scones with blueberries and scrambled eggs with either asparagus or peppers/onions but I always go back to the fruit smoothie.

ilovepudding

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 07:09:14 PM »
I had the WBCB Grainless Granola with cream. It's the best tasting cereal I've ever eaten. I can't get sugarfree hazelnut syrup so add 10 drops of stevia to the coconut oil instead. I also eat it for snacks with a bit of greek yoghurt. Nomnom :)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 10:56:07 AM »
Morning!  I had shredded roasted chicken in a bowl, with a smidge of salsa, and then piled shredded cheddar cheese.  Nuked it for a minute, and it was wonderful!  Added sine cherry tomatoes alongside.  I have trouble finding things for breakfast, but my mainstay the last month has been my wonderful hamburger soup.  I brown a lb of lean hamburger, half a package of nitrate-free chorizo, pour into a crockpot with a couple of pints of my canned tomatoes (no sugar) from last summer, various veggies chopped (onions, zucchini, carrots, celery, turnips, and especially kale or spinach).  Add a little water, put the lid on and it's ready for the next day's breakfast.  I used to drain the meat really well, but now I don't.  I pour the whole saucepan into the crockpot.  Chorizo has enough spices for the soup without adding much of anything else.  Yum!

Sounds like a good dish Loanne... but a little strange for breakfast!  lol

Loanne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 12:33:10 PM »
Yes, I agree, my soup is strange for breakfast... :)  But it's filling and I'm never hungry, sometimes not even for lunch, which I may eat later in the afternoon.  Eggs don't sit well with me, but sometimes I  have them mixed with chorizo or veggies.  I do miss cereal, I have to admit.  I've tried all variations I've read about, but can't find any that come close that are low-carb.  Sometimes I have just cheese and veggies of some sort...maybe leftovers form the night before.  Am forced to be creative!!  :)

Bing

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 08:07:20 AM »
Glass of black berries-celery-bok choy-radishes smoothie let that digest for a while then a 3 egg ham omelet and a regular coffee.

Janet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 10:33:52 AM »
I had 3 slices of bacon, kale and spinach with grape tomatoes, sliced onions and garlic sauteed in some of the bacon grease then 2 scrambled local eggs.  I have added the sauteed greens in the last month and love it plus bumps up my veg intake. This is mostly the breakfast I eat now.  Depending on when I make it, I am not hungry until late in the afternoon or dinner time.  I haven't been a breakfast cereal eater for decades as it never made me feel good (DUH!!!).  Now and then I make that chia hot cereal.  :)

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 04:18:32 PM »
Since I don't want ford in my stomach for my morning yoga practice, I don't eat anything till afterwards.....then it's a handful of nuts and seeds. Then a few hours later, we'll have brunch. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm hardly ever hungry!

Annie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2013, 05:59:07 AM »
Monday to friday at work I bring  chia poudding for breakfast. So good!

3/4 Cup almond milk
2 Tbs chia seeds
Some pure vanilla
1 Tbs sugar free syrup
Some cinammon.

Stir well with a fork, let stay for the night then add some fruits (i prefer an half of apple diced) and some raw nuts...

Janet389

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2013, 03:42:14 PM »
Pancakes from WBCB with sugar free syrup.  Three pieces nitrate free bacon.  Hot tea with half and half.  Breakfast at 7 not hungry for lunch until almost 1.  I love not being hungry all the time!

Joan from MN

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 09:13:58 AM »
Half of a deviled egg, a little WBCB grain-free granola, and bulletproof coffee.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 09:41:24 AM »
Monday to friday at work I bring  chia poudding for breakfast. So good!

3/4 Cup almond milk
2 Tbs chia seeds
Some pure vanilla
1 Tbs sugar free syrup
Some cinammon.

Stir well with a fork, let stay for the night then add some fruits (i prefer an half of apple diced) and some raw nuts...

Had this for breakfast this morning.  Very tasty!

Bing

• View Profile
2 glasses of avocado-banana-blue berries-yellow root-ginger-bok choy smoothie.
4 egg omelet (2 yolks, 4 whites) with avocado, pumpkin, cottage cheese and bacon bits.

Tsumpter

• View Profile
At 7:30 Two scrambled eggs cooked in EV olive oil. One slice of WB basic bread toasted with butter and Coffee. Didn't eat again til after 1 pm. Leftover meatloaf, raw broccoli, green beans and WB choc chip cookie.

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
A small bowl of cantaloupe and nuts with our coffee. A little later we will have leftover scrambled eggs that were cooked with sautéed veggies (onions, zucchini, red cabbage, mushrooms), crumbled sausage and grated Parmesan cheese. I thought of making it into a frittata, but decided scrambling was faster.

Almost everything I cook I make enough for leftovers...makes life much easier!

Joan from MN

• View Profile
Green smoothie (kale, banana, berries, almond milk), two deviled eggs, coffee with a bit of coconut oil.

lej

• wheat free one year!
    • View Profile
pumpkin pancakes (made with almond flour) and 1 TBL real maple syrup

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile

pumpkin pancakes (made with almond flour) and 1 TBL real maple syrup

Yum!   How did you make that?

Suzhookem

• Wheat Free April 2012
    • View Profile
Quiche with cheddar cheese crust, some spinach, cream and onions. Variation is half piece of bacon or coconut bread with cream cheese.

Bing

• View Profile
Leftovers:

Sweet potato, pesto chicken, carrot, broccoli, cottage cheese.
Added an egg and EVOO.

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
A bit of cantaloupe and nuts w/ our coffee. The rest of breakfast will be a boiled egg with leftover fried, seasoned chicken livers (fried in coconut oil). Will not make the livers again...they didn't get crispy and I don't think I like cumin.

Joan from MN

• View Profile
Grain-free granola from the WB Cookbook, 1/2 c. mixed berries, 2 T. cream, coffee.

newbie no wheat

• View Profile
half filled my Nutri-Bullet with kale, zucchini, cauliflower, add some frozen blueberries, Hemp seeds, flax seeds and teaspoon of natural peanut butter, cover with almond milk, blend and enjoy!!  Yummy!

unterderlaterne

• View Profile
This is my very first post here. Just read all the responds and the food combinations are hysterical .LOL.  *I had a half a grapefruit, and 2 scrambled eggs with feta and green onion in it.*  Well, it made me smile and that is good! I just had almond pancakes with sugar free syrup and my unfiltered coffee.
Alright, I made a mistake , I thought the feta cheese and the onion was on top of the grapefruit, LOL!  Who knows, that might be delicious! ??

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
A half apple w/ English walnuts and coffee. Then leftover grilled pork chop and brussel sprouts.

arlin

• View Profile
Egg salad over leafy greens, half a grapefruit with a little bit of Truvia, and green tea with lemon juice.

Joan from MN

• View Profile
Two hard-boiled eggs, gluten-free salmon pattie from Trader Joe's, coffee with vanilla stevia and cream.

Loanne

• View Profile
I had my regular hamburger/chorizo/veggie soup for breakfast.  It was the last bit in the bowl, so I think I'll move onto something else for breakfast now.  Been having that for several weeks.  Good, though!

Jan

• View Profile
I had two scrambled eggs w/2 tbsp cream cheese softened w/one packet Zylitol for sweetness, I added the cream cheese to the eggs.  The eggs were cooked like an omelet and I added the cream cheese after it was mostly cooked through,  and two pieces of bacon and a few grape tomatoes.  Yum!

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
A quickie because we were traveling. Walnuts, 1/2 apple w/ coffee...then boiled eggs and cottage cheese.

Joan from MN

• View Profile
Scrambled eggs and a medallion steak.  :D

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
Walnuts, 1/2 apple, coffee, eggs scrambled with sausage crumbles and mozzarella. An early breakfast today because DH will be in meetings all day...gotta get him fueled up :))

Joan from MN

• View Profile
Greek frittata from WBC, nitrite-free bacon, Assam tea with coconut cream

Joan from MN

• View Profile
Chia seed breakfast bowl, with modifications. I used 1/2 frozen banana for each serving (thin slices), added 1 tbsp. of HWC and some Truvia in the morning, and topped with a little grain-free granola from the WBC. So good!

http://ohsheglows.com/2013/02/18/chia-seed-breakfast-bowl/

gurliestgirl

• Ashley's Wheat Free Journey
    • View Profile
I always either have a protein shake, yogurt, or eggs.

Kathy

• View Profile
I just had almond pancakes with sugar free syrup

What is your recipe for almond pancakes? Can you share it here? Or perhaps reply with a link to the recipe? I would love to try these for breakfast. TIA
~Kathy~

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
Walnuts, 1/2 apple, coffee, fried eggs, ham, slice of cheddar

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
You know, since I quit my 'old' smoothie routine (chobani yogurt, fruit and coconut water.....way high carbs!) I realize I don't eat breakfast anymore.......a few nuts mid morning after walking/yoga......then brunch.....then dinner.

Joan from MN

• View Profile
I was uncharacteristically starving this morning! Scrambled eggs with mushrooms and a little gouda cheese, a few apple slices, coffee with cream and vanilla stevia.

Linda R

Cool & rainy here in Iowa today so I had my usual cup of Bulletproof coffee and a warm, comforting bowl of Chia Breakfast Custard! So good.........................

Loanne

• View Profile
I had 3 scrambled eggs with chopped fresh cilantro...very good!  A little cayenne sprinkled on top.  It was a great combination.  Cup of black tea, and later water with lemon.

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
Nuts, 1/2 orange, coffee w/ half 'n half (HWC tears up my stomach...think ill work on learning to like it w/ coconut milk), frittata made w/ 8 eggs and sautéed onions, mushrooms, yellow squash, red cabbage, tomatoes, kale stems from the freezer. DH also had leftover grilled sirloin. Plus...we have leftovers for 2 days.

fudgecake

• View Profile
What I find interesting is that if you take any one of these breakfasts and put it on a plate next to a bowl of oatmeal (or a plate of artisan breads, for that matter), you have to ask yourself, "What was I thinking?"

For decades I (we?) bought into the story that oatmeal or some other cereal made up a good breakfast. Maybe with some blueberries on it. But I never saw that a plate of vegetables, meat, eggs, seeds and nuts, a little fruit, was actually more nutritious. Duh. How come I couldn't see it?

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
Banana/Pecan muffin, made with almond flour.

Linda R

For decades I (we?) bought into the story that oatmeal or some other cereal made up a good breakfast. Maybe with some blueberries on it. But I never saw that a plate of vegetables, meat, eggs, seeds and nuts, a little fruit, was actually more nutritious. Duh. How come I couldn't see it?

Well, speaking for myself, I was totally brainwashed by too many ads in mags and on tv and believed all the BS coming from Big Ag and Big Food.
I am so much smarter today, thanks to a large degree to the internet and to forums like this and blogs such as Dr. D's. I could kick myself for all those
years of eating the "healthy low calorie frozen dinners" and avoiding fat like the plague. No wonder every damned diet I tried ended up with me gaining
all the weight right back, again and again. Always put the blame on myself, "not enough will power", etc.

Wheat Free Forum

Sponsored Links