This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Slow to lose  (Read 1685 times)

LJcoolJ

• View Profile
Slow to lose
« on: March 11, 2015, 07:30:36 AM »
Was anyone else slow to lose at first? I have been wheat free to the letter for 8 days and haven't lost an ounce.  I do feel better and not as bloated but absolutely no weight loss.  Does it take some time to kick start/get going?

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Slow to lose
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 10:40:48 AM »
LJ, Boundless posted several links on this subject a few days ago. Try here:
http://wheatfreeforum.com/index.php/topic,1913.0.html

It's a little early to be concerned right now. Are you eating enough fat...nuts, avocados, coconut oil, olive oil, olives...? Drinking your water? Check out the links above and see if you get some ideas.

LJcoolJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 04:11:01 AM »
Thanks Deanna. I realize it's early, I just wondered if it took a few weeks to really "kick in". I haven't had time to go through the forum yet.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 07:22:47 AM »
Many of us lost water weight in the beginning, perhaps, you didn't have much? Have you measured your waist? Maybe you have lost some size that wasn't noticed? We have all lost differently and it's kept it interesting.

LJcoolJ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 09:20:25 AM »
Lynda, I measured my waist yesterday to start tracking that also.  I have been doing a workout similar to P90X, which i'm thinking could be affecting my weight loss also.  Sounds funny to say that..but I'm doing a lot of weight training.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 02:52:19 PM »
Good for you, LJ, just toning your body will look great.

LJcoolJ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 09:46:46 AM »
Just a little update.  I am losing VERY slow, but i am losing so that is perfectly fine with me.  After 3 weeks, I'm down 5 lbs but have lost over an inch in my waist! That blew me away!  So, if anyone else is losing slow..go get ya a tape measure!

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 09:46:46 AM »

Sponsored Links