This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Just a Quick Medical Update  (Read 1401 times)

Lila

• View Profile
Just a Quick Medical Update
« on: March 16, 2015, 05:47:20 PM »
Had my physical today and a check up with my endocrinologist. On the thyroid front, I had the best thyroid report ever---I know the TSH number by itself doesn't matter so much, but it was 1.5 (Dr. Davis' "ideal"). Free T3 and Free T4 were well within normal, with the T4 being optimal. We tweaked my cytomel a bit because I still have some subclinical symptoms like tiredness as the T3 wears off during the day, low temperature, and slightly elevated NMR LDL-P.

All other bloodwork normal but the NMR cholesterol results are worth mentioning. My PCP only looks at NMR LDL-P and triglycerides and my LDL-P was 1017 (<1000 normal), triglycerides 70. Of note (to me) was NMR HDL at 104, and NMR Small LDL at negligible.

Query: can one's thyroid start healing itself from Hashimoto's? I'm happy to take those meds, but I've never had results that good.

Also BP was 110/70, and weight down 11 lbs from last visit. Woot.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Just a Quick Medical Update
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 08:36:31 PM »
Lila,

WOW!!!!!  WOW!!!!  I bet you are doing a happy dance!!!!!     ;D

You are living proof that your thyroid gland can return to normal functioning with proper diet.  It took a long time for you to get to this point, but finally you did and are seeing the results.  More to come…..

Suzhookem

• Wheat Free April 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 12:41:17 PM »
What Barbara said. Congrats!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 10:12:50 AM »
Excellent job Lila!   And I do believe you can heal from Hashimotos.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 10:12:50 AM »

Sponsored Links