This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: oil pulling anyone?  (Read 5306 times)

Redhead65

• View Profile
oil pulling anyone?
« on: March 30, 2015, 09:00:26 PM »
Hi, a while ago I started pulling oil every morning. A colleague of mine had brought my attention to that, and she had reported that her teeth look very white and that her gingiva looks healthier than ever before. I can say the same for myself, and I will keep doing it.  I started out with 10 min. every morning, and now I am at 20 min. At first 20 min. seemed like a long time for me, but I put the oil into my mouth, and I start doing chores that I need to do, and then I do not even notice how the time passes. At the end I spit the oil into kitchen paper towels as I do not want to clod the sink. I use coconut oil o other oils I have in the house.

Loanne

• View Profile
Re: oil pulling anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 12:13:20 PM »
I've been reading about this, and wondering if it worked to white teeth.  Mine are a bit stained.  First thing in the morning, empty stomach, about 20 minutes...sounds doable!  :)

Redhead65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 12:52:01 PM »
It makes the teeth whiter. At first I thought that 20 min is too much, and I started out with 10 min.  This is how my colleague did it, too.
I want to read up more about the subject. My colleague is reading  a book about it.
The time really passes much quicker when you are busy during the 20 min.

Are you going to start tomorrow?

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 07:13:59 PM »
I've been oil-pulling for awhile now and I can hardly do it for longer than the length of a shower! But I have gotten great dental results so will continue.....but, unfortunately, I still find it unpleasant.

Redhead65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 10:05:14 PM »
Today it was not easy for me either. I finally started reading about oil pulling while I was pulling oil, and that distracted me from me mouth and helped me to hold out for 20 min. I read about why 20 min. are important. The page was in German, but I will try to find something in English when I pull oil tomorrow.

Loanne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 09:23:46 AM »
I will start tomorrow since I forgot today!  I need a note on my bathroom mirror to remember all this stuff!  :)

Redhead65

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 08:24:16 AM »
A note on the mirror is a good idea. How did it work? Which type of oil did you use?

This morning I almost wanted to give in to complacency and have breakfast instead, but then I thought that I cannot do this because you  want to join me and I have to report that I did not do it.  8)

Suzy in Colorado

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 01:29:31 PM »
I use coconut oil for tooth brushing with the occassional addition of aluminum free baking soda. I sometimes will use the pulling method when I'm cooking...convenient if I have the jar open anyways:-)
Coconut oil and baking soda also makes a great underarm deodorant. I quit the mass market stuff about 3 months ago.

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 02:41:19 PM »
Suzy...so your deodorant is not sticky or oily?

Redhead65

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2015, 12:02:06 AM »
@Suzy
Pulling while I am cooking is also a good idea. Right now I am pulling and typing.  8)
Thanks for that idea about the toothpaste. I will try that out right after breakfast. How do you do that during the cold season when the oil is not liquid automatically? Do you put the oil piece into your mouth, and when it has melted inside your mouth, you add baking soda?
(I do not have a microwave and do not want to have one.)

Suzy in Colorado

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2015, 08:08:45 PM »
 I made the deodorant by putting cold coconut oil in a bowl and using the electric hand mixer on high to soften then added about an equal amount of baking soda and a dose of peppermint oil. I use this mixture for deodorant and toothpaste and as a face scrub. Once you rinse it off your face you are left with super soft skin. As a deodorant it is not oily or greasy at all. I keep this mixture in a small glass jar which, in winter I can set it on the radiator in the bathroom while I am showering...in no time it is soft enough to use.

Redhead65

• View Profile
oil pulling anyone?
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015, 09:37:27 PM »
Hi everybody, I am still pulling daily (except for two days where I was too hungry in the morning and pulled in the evening instead). Pulling in the evening does not seem to be the way it is meant, but it lead to a fresher feeling in the mouth the next morning. That was interesting for me, because beside brushing my teeth I use interdental brushes and tea trea oil, so it is not like I am doing nothing.

Are you all cleaning your tongue? I have been cleaning my tongue with a tooth brush for 30 years, but for the sake of comparision and because and ajuvedic tongue cleaner is mentioned in connection with oil pulling, I have decided to order one and will get it in the course of this week.
I bought a cheap commercial tongue cleaner yesterday and used it today and did not like it so much. I found it less helpful than a tooth brush, but I admit I have not read anything about tongue cleaners and the logic behind it so far.

Redhead65

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 10:58:59 PM »
Today I pulled for 30 minutes. I forgot to look at the watch.  ;D The pharmacist called and said that the ajuvedic tongue cleaner has arrived. I will pick it up on Saturday when I pick up my organic fish. (Both stores are in the same street.)
And whenever possible I will also pull oil in the evening. The moutfeel in the morning is just better this way.

Can anybody outdo my 30 minutes? *g*

Redhead65

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2015, 09:51:05 PM »
I pulled oil in the middle of the night and in the morning. Mostly I use coconut oil now. Due to the rising temperatures it liquidizes more quickly in the mouth. I have decided now that whenever I cannot sleep well I also pull in the middle of the night. Did so at 3 a.m. today.
My Indian colleague had said that using the ajuvedic tongue cleaner is more easy than the Western one. I did not notice a big difference, but an ajuvedic one is more hygienic.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2015, 06:43:17 AM »
Redhead,

Remember to spit out the coconut oil into a tissue or paper towel and discard in your trash.  The oil will cling to any build up in your plumbing drains and congeal in colder weather which clogs them.   :)

Redhead65

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2015, 11:28:01 AM »
Barbara, no worries. Every morning I fold several kitchen tissues after I have taken a sip of oil. The tissues are always near at hand in case I feel I want to cough and have to discard of that stuff. I pulled again at 5.30 today.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2015, 11:28:01 AM »

Sponsored Links