This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Skin Tags  (Read 1829 times)

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
Skin Tags
« on: April 05, 2015, 11:54:31 AM »
Has anyone noticed a decrease (or lack of) skin tags on LCHF?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17988334

Lila

• View Profile
Re: Skin Tags
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 05:43:49 PM »
I don't know that I've seen any fewer, as in going away, but don't get new ones as often. May be because there aren't as many skin folds as there have been in the past--I read somewhere not long ago that skin tags are more likely to occur in skin folds (like under arms, groin area, etc. were I usually get them).

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 08:54:16 PM »
This sounds grose, but I just snip them off with scissors.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 05:43:37 AM »

Jan,

I noticed that the skin tags I have are few and very small.  Nothing at all like those I remember my older relatives would develop.  I've used tea tree oil or Tag Away (as seen on TV!) and a spot bandage to cover.  Tag Away is Thuja Occidentalis, a homeopathic ingredient and is rather strong smelling.  It does smell like the tree!  After a week or so, the tag disappears.  Tea tree oil smells much better.  I bought Tag Away in Walgreens.

Also, nearly all marks and moles have disappeared since starting the woe. 

The tags are more likely to appear where skins rub against skin or clothing, but not all the time. Lila, you are quite correct.

I think this improvement is the result of our healing or healed leaky guts.  If you consider skin as an organ, it is benefiting from our healthy diet. 

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 08:50:49 AM »
What I found curious regarding that PubMed study was a possible association of impaired carbohydrate metabolism in patients with skin tags. Could become a new question on a health form?

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 10:26:27 AM »
Jan,

Isn't impaired carbohydrate metabolism the crux of our way of eating?  As humans, we can't digest the grains.  Our skin gets "better" because we aren't ingesting the items we don't tolerate well.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 10:26:27 AM »

Sponsored Links