This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Pumpkin Pancakes  (Read 4199 times)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Pumpkin Pancakes
« on: May 29, 2013, 08:52:45 PM »
Just bought some pumpkin puree and am thinking about my options.

These pumpkin pancakes look really good:

http://dkgetsfit.com/2013/01/30/strict-paleo-pumpkin-pancakes/

Gem

• View Profile
Re: Pumpkin Pancakes
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 11:03:34 AM »
I did these, sort of...Ha!  I doubled the recipe in most things and found out that you cannot make the cakes very large or they will be hard to flip.  Don't add frozen blueberries to the batter but only drop them on top of each cake already one side down in the pan.  The Maple syrup would have to be sugar-free as Rita has referenced in another thread or I used xylitol but not enough to make them sweet.  More next batch.  The potential for them to be tasty was there in my mouth but not yet fulfilled! I would have had to have eaten many more to satisfy my morning hunger, and I even had scrambled eggs on the side.  I only weight 135 and I'm short but I like to eat and be satisfied.  Rarely happens these days but I'm believing for improvements as I go along.  :)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 12:08:37 PM »
I only weight 135 and I'm short but I like to eat and be satisfied.  Rarely happens these days but I'm believing for improvements as I go along. 

If you get more fat and protein in, you'll find that you won't be hungry at all.

Thanks for the tips on the pancakes.   I haven't made them yet.

Gem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 12:28:40 PM »
Okay, this morning I did a variation on that first Paleo Pumpkin Pancake recipe and it came from a link that I believe Rita posted in another place that I discovered but don't ask me which thread. 
Here's the link:http://www.runningtothekitchen.com/2012/10/pumpkin-paleo-pancakes-that-actually-taste-good/

I did my own tweaks and it was a success!!  We loved them!!  I used Hemp powder protein instead of vanilla protein powder (makes them a bit darker but doesn't affect the taste one bit); it asks for 3/4 cup of egg whites but I used 3 (farm) large eggs total and that came out to around 2/3 cup for the whites; I only used 1 and 1/2 Tbls of xylitol (not honey) for a sweetener--you determine how much to your taste--it was 1/2 too much for me.  The coconut oil disappears quickly in the pan so you may have to add a bit more as they're cooking.  3 minutes was a good time though I did turn them over more than once to make sure all was cooked. (They were thick!)  This amount made 6 cakes for my 1/4 cup (approx.) per cake measurement.  We tried just yogurt and fresh home grown strawberries on top as well as the very good sugar-free maple syrup that Rita had recommended (somewhere else in this forum forest!) and they were soooo yummy!  Had scrambled eggs and cheese and turkey sausage with them and for once I was actually satisfied!   Ahhh!!   :)   Happy cooking!!! :D

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 08:50:15 AM »
Oh good!  Thanks for updating us!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 08:26:33 AM »
Okay, this morning I did a variation on that first Paleo Pumpkin Pancake recipe and it came from a link that I believe Rita posted in another place that I discovered but don't ask me which thread.  Here's the link:http://www.runningtothekitchen.com/2012/10/pumpkin-paleo-pancakes-that-actually-taste-good/

I made these yesterday and they were very tasty.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 08:26:33 AM »

Sponsored Links