This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Shmeat...the new meat?  (Read 1526 times)

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
Re: Shmeat...the new meat?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 02:08:08 PM »
I have always wondered at scientific creations like this one.  I realize that the cells can be made to replicate but don't they need to get extra nutrients from somewhere?  How does a test tube tissue grow into a nutritious whole without an addition of the vital building blocks from somewhere.  Maybe I missed something in biology class?  Are the vitamins and minerals able to reproduce themselves within the growing medium, maybe it uses the medium?  This would still use up natural resources and without replacing them into the soil: about the same problem we are having now with fertilizers that only supply three elements.  This is a clever discovery that, I fear, may give rise to even more unintended consequences.  I would love to see a nutrient readout on this stuff.  I notice they didn't mention taste!

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 03:56:03 PM »
Is this what is meant by "food-like substance????"    8)

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 09:46:50 AM »
Hmmm - doesn't really sound very appetizing, does it?  Another GMO - correct?

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 02:09:36 PM »
I have one thing to say now: ewwww!

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 02:09:36 PM »

Sponsored Links