This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Gourmet Girl Cooks  (Read 2509 times)

ldyrdr4311

• View Profile
Gourmet Girl Cooks
« on: May 28, 2015, 02:26:28 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has noticed that GG hasn't been very active at her site. I subscribe to it, and not much is coming through the emails, & much is being taken from things that have already been done; she's been "regrouping" some of them together, such as her favorite Mexican recipes, etc.

Also, if anyone has noticed, the replies from people are gone, she hasn't been answering any mails, either. So, that tells me that "something" has happened. Maybe, she's just suffering from a "burnout", which wouldn't surprise me at all. Those recipes take time to make, & if they don't work out the 1st time, she usually keeps trying until they do work.

I miss her recipes & wit. Hope things, whatever they may be, resolve for her soon.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
Re: Gourmet Girl Cooks
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 05:01:59 PM »
I didn't drop into her site often, but I enjoyed what I did see.  Too bad.

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 11:56:25 AM »
http://www.gourmetgirlcooks.com

Looks like she's still on track, probably just busy reorganizing her blog.  She never gets a lot of comments, not sure why.  Her recipes are amazing, that's for sure.  I'm glad she's still around, because I would miss her recipes a lot!  I wonder if she just stays very busy, I get the impression she works full time, and does this on the side, so to speak.  And is creating recipes for Swerve and Honeyville Grains along with everything else she does! 

ldyrdr4311

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 10:12:25 AM »
Did get a blog from her yesterday after posting here. She posted a recipe & another group of recipes like she's been doing recently. Said there would be a new recipe today (5/30/15), but there isn't one yet. 

Like BarbinNC has mentioned, she does work full time, so the new recipe probably will show up sometime this evening. I enjoy her site a lot also, and often wonder how she does it all. That's why I thought "burnout". Bet she's taking pauses here so that this doesn't happen to her.

Will see what happens.

ldyrdr4311

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 12:53:25 PM »
Me again, lol.
  Returned from a short trip of my own recently, and her blog is up & running again.
  She went on a trip to Alaska. Was worried for a bit there, as her recipes are good.
  Also see that she is finally planning to put out a cookbook, but at this point, doesn't have a date for it. I'm sure she will announce it when it is available.
  As for responses, my experience has been nil. I try to comment, but it never shows up anymore, so somewhere, there is a glitch of some sort. When I first found the blog, the comment thingy worked, but it no longer does. She doesn't answer her emails either. Probably isn't able to. If I had as many irons in the fire as she does, I wouldn't be able to answer emails either.

ldyrdr4311

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 03:54:16 PM »
GG has lost her mother, which affected her greatly. She's been trying to get back  into the groove & her son has a hand into this.  Doesn't publish new recipes too often, but.....I suspect that she may be involved in putting together a cook book as well.

Loanne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 04:18:48 PM »
I agree...seemed losing her mother was very hard for her, as it is for the rest of us.  She may come around after more healing time.  I love her recipes, too.

Greentree

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 07:49:50 PM »
I just saw her on a PBS show, with Dr. Davis! I have no idea when it was produced, but it was interesting.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 07:49:50 PM »

Sponsored Links