This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Aloe Vera  (Read 3237 times)

BarbinNC

• View Profile
Aloe Vera
« on: June 04, 2015, 09:42:08 AM »
I have been reading a lot about this "miracle" plant lately.  Does anyone have experience taking it and a recommendation of which kind you buy and use?

http://www.naturalnews.com/021858_aloe_vera_gel.html

There are several on amazon.com but I would love to find it locally if possible, and try several smaller bottles, before I settle on one. 

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
Re: Aloe Vera
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 09:52:47 AM »
Several years ago I went through a period of drinking Aloe Vera juice (don't remember the brand) but I didn't seem to feel any differently so stopped. I have a huge Aloe Vera plant growing in my garden that we use topically when needed.

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 10:04:07 AM »
Thanks Jan, I think you are already pretty healthy, so maybe you just feel too good already, to notice any difference ;D

But all kidding aside, I am very curious now, and just saw that Trader Joe's carries an organic one.  I am going to check it out.  I have al one way to go towards health, and look for anything that will help give strength and energy.  Will post results.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 01:49:41 PM »
BarbinNC,

I have very successfully used a product called AloeCure for acid reflux.  It somehow worked better than anything from the health food store.  You can order in on the internet.  There are also dried pills you can take, but it isn't quite as soothing to an irritated digestive track as the liquid.  I even placed the thick liquid on a burn and a cut and it worked just like the plant.

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 03:31:30 PM »
Barbara, thanks for the info!  I am actually interesting in the anti inflammatory properties it's said to have, which makes sense, we know if soothes a burn, and can do many things, according to what I've read.  All good!  Even if it does half the things it's purported to do, I would have made a good investment.  $8 at TJ.

Will post my impressions, once I've been taking it for a while.  Haven't tried it yet.  Took a pic to show what it looks like, they had a choice of two, the other one had sugar added. 

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 04:00:16 PM »
I've used a couple of aloe vera gels, but not internally. Sometimes I rub it on my feet, just as a softener. We have a big aloe vera plant too, but it doesn't do real well now because the pot is too heavy to move outside in the summer. I think I must have overwatered it last time because I noticed yesterday it's not looking too good. But the plant was invaluable when DH had radiation a few years ago. It healed his neck up better than anything else we tried.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 04:20:32 PM »
That AloeCure I mentioned is made with stevia.  www.aloecure.com   It is also organic.  I liked the taste and I thought it worked much better than the other brands in local health food stores.  When I ordered this, they sent me tubes of their skin cream.  It had the consistency of a sticky gel.  BUT it sure worked nicely on my skin for any bites, scrapes, dryness etc.  You just had to wait until it was absorbed.  AloeCure is now sold on Amazon as well as their own web site.

Like the experience Deanna had using aloe on her DH, it is an effective healing agent.  The anti-inflammatory properties and absorbable minerals make this an outstanding resource in my opinion.

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 12:05:27 PM »
We had a taste of this today.  About 2 oz, down the hatch.  Has a medicinal taste, not terrible, but different I will give it a try.  DD too, she has been having some knee pain, probably hurt it somehow, but there is genetic predisposition to arthritis from both sides for her.  Will report back how we feel about it in a few week :o

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2015, 02:16:57 PM »

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 06:07:24 AM »
Deanna - that sounds really nice and healing, will definitely check it out!  Thanks   :)

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 09:23:56 AM »
This looks like a great idea, Deanna, soft and smell good, too.  Thanks.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 09:23:56 AM »

Sponsored Links