This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Minerals of the Genetic Code  (Read 1667 times)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Minerals of the Genetic Code
« on: June 05, 2015, 09:46:25 PM »

Curious how trace minerals effect our DNA?   Here's a heady read, but interesting:

https://ntischool.com/2015/06/dr-richard-olree-on-minerals-for-the-genetic-code-part-1/

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
Re: Minerals of the Genetic Code
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 07:40:12 AM »
Good article! It reinforces my opinion that meat (and its' accompanying fat) is the most essential part of our diet!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 12:23:31 PM »
And it depends of course was the animals eat, as they can too be deficient in minerals.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 07:11:34 AM »

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 07:54:27 AM »
I find Olree's explanation of how a mineral deficiency causes one disease to bleed into another one to be the most fascinating part of his work.  It is completely opposite to our drs. treating one symptom at a time: obviously, that won't work in the long run.  For example, if you take t4 for a thyroid deficiency and really needed iodine, you still will have all the other problems of iodine deficiency, while your dr. is patting himself on the back for 'curing' you.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 01:16:11 PM »
Haha Lynda,

Same old, same old.  Doc thinks he cured your high blood pressure, high blood sugar, high cholesterol, acid reflux all the same  way: with his prescription pad. 

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 10:23:37 AM »
Short of antibiotic and surgery, have we 'cured' anything, really?  Many diseases are dragged out for many years, which is the best we can expect now and amazing in it's own right, but it's not a 'cure'.  I would prefer to have the misery stopped and I would have a healthy life after the cure, without nasty side affects.  Hopefully, they get to that one day.  At the moment, I would just appreciate the hard truth of, 'We don't know yet'. For me, I'll get a lot of vitamins and minerals!!

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 10:23:37 AM »

Sponsored Links