This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Psyllium Husk  (Read 1384 times)

Loanne

• View Profile
Psyllium Husk
« on: June 08, 2015, 04:43:34 PM »
OK, I had my first experience this weekend with psyllium husk.  I made some bread from a recipe that I can't remember where I found it...The recipe called for whole husks, and I only had powdered.  So...6 TBSP of powder equals an unlimited about of glop!!   :)   But I charged ahead anyway, and used half of it my recipe, which had coconut flour and the  usual baking soda, olive oil, coconut oil, 6 eggs, etc.  Surprisingly, it turned out great!!  Very fine texture like white bread...remember that stuff?  NOT crumbly at all, and  moist.  Had a slice under a fried egg for breakfast!!  My only complaint is the "soda" taste, which I'm not crazy about.  But next time, I'll add spices and maybe sesame seeds or chopped nuts...something.  Yum!  also made Gourmet Girl's mini-meatloaves (without the salsa though), and some pork rind covered chicken tenders! All taste wonderful for something different.

Wheat Free Forum

Psyllium Husk
« on: June 08, 2015, 04:43:34 PM »

Sponsored Links