This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Fiber  (Read 3756 times)

Gem

• View Profile
Fiber
« on: May 31, 2013, 11:23:57 AM »
Okay, my brilliant WB buddies, tell me what is good in place of eating lots of brown rice and sweet potatoes for fiber??  After many days of not eating grains, I find that I don't miss eating them but they were very helpful to my system, great little movers, those tiny "rice guys"!  I haven't given up sweet potatoes totally yet, just cut back a bit, but my body misses "the morning rice dance," if you know what I mean.   :)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Re: Fiber
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 12:13:28 PM »
Well Gem... looks like you're going to have to look at the colon health thread after all!  lol

http://wheatfreeforum.com/index.php/topic,143.0.html

Gem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 01:08:58 PM »
I don't mind.  (I think it was another member who was getting grossed out about "lesser challenges"!  Ha!)  I thought about that after I posted my question.  That's the one place I didn't check first.  Thanks, Rita!  :)   I'll see you on the down side of the slippery slope! LOL!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 03:38:33 PM »
I'll see you on the down side of the slippery slope!

lol

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 10:11:46 AM »

Gem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 03:16:00 PM »
Thanks, Jan, I'll have a look!   :)

Bing

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 05:23:04 AM »

Dr. Eads on fiber:  http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/fiber/a-cautionary-tale-of-mucus-fore-and-aft

Interesting.
Only thing...

...They damaged the cells mechanically...The assumption is that fiber causes this same damage.

I don't like words like 'assumption' in science :)

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 06:31:45 AM »
I hear what you're saying Bing....I think the point remains that there are no studies out there (PubMed etc.) regarding the macronutrient content of a healthy human diet. Vegetable, fruits, fiber, no fiber etc.is almost all assumption at this point. We don't even know the amount of antioxidants, nutrients  etc. that we metabolize and/or how it impacts our bodies. I would lend my body to science to find out!

Bing

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 06:59:09 AM »

...I would lend my body to science to find out!
lol

Well yeah it's like if I would combine all the things I've read over the last year that are supposed to increase my health, I'm left with air and water. lol
I believe as long as we eat we are poluting our bodies to a certain degree, nomatter what we eat.

I think the Blue Zone concept also is very interesting cause the proof is in the centenarians they studied.
Food is just one of many variables IMO.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 09:04:11 AM by Rita »

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 07:04:37 AM »
I'm beginning to think we have put too much emphasis on the amount of food we eat....we probably can survive with much less, and be healthier in the long run.

Bing

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 07:57:48 AM »
I'm beginning to think we have put too much emphasis on the amount of food we eat....we probably can survive with much less, and be healthier in the long run.

Yup, calorie restriction seems to best way to slow down the aging process and increase overall health.
Also HOW we eat, very few on that as well, most people I know barely chew their food.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2013, 05:04:13 PM »
I'm still questioning the whole fiber thing.....

[font=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/fiber/a-cautionary-tale-of-mucus-fore-and-aft/[/font]

HungryinTN

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2013, 01:42:02 PM »
For me, fiber hasn't been an issue.  Besides making sure I get a few servings of fruit and veggies every day I make no effort to eat fiber.  From everything I've been reading, fiber is bad, and I know that when I was eating a lot of it, I felt bad.  The one thing I do is drink a tea with senna in it before bed a few times a week, and every morning like clockwork things just move right along.  I'll admit to a couple of spells of mild constipation (a few hours late, maybe), but usually I could attribute that to a high-dairy day or alcohol consumption.  As long as I'm eating how I should, my body works the way it should.  Fiber is soooo overrated. 

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2013, 01:42:02 PM »

Sponsored Links