This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Fresh Tomato Basil and Cream Zoodle Sauce  (Read 2155 times)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Fresh Tomato Basil and Cream Zoodle Sauce
« on: July 15, 2015, 05:14:03 AM »
Fresh tomato Basil and Cream Sauce

Serves 3-4

3 TBS butter
1 lb. tomatoes chopped into 1" pieces
2 cloves garlic minced
2 TBS olive oil
3 TBS heavy cream
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
S & P to taste

In skillet over medium heat, add butter and saute' garlic and tomatoes until soft, about 15 minutes or less.  Stir in olive oil and cream until heated.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Add fresh basil and stir.  Pour over zoodles. 

I will add cooked shrimp or other fish on top of the zoodles and pour the sauce over it for a quick and easy summer meal.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh Tomato Basil and Cream Zoodle Sauce
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 08:29:57 AM »
Sounds easy and good, Barbara.  Thanks

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 02:51:33 PM »
Do you cook your zoodles briefly Barbara? I've done mine in the skillet before...also zapped in the microwave...and both have worked.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 03:38:58 PM »
Deanna,

Mostly I "dry" stir fry in a hot fry pan to get rid of moisture and heat the zoodles.  Sometimes, if I am really organized, I will spiralize the squash and let it drain for several hours or overnight in the fridge.  I place them in a colander set into a bowl and cover with a paper towel.  Some squashes are really moist and some are much drier.  You never know, but usually the really small ones are drier and don't need this.  I don't salt them at all.

I've also sauteed them in coconut oil or olive oil.  The trick is to have a hot fry pan and hot oil and stir fry very quickly so they slightly brown but before they get mushy. 

ldyrdr4311

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 03:21:40 PM »
Barb, have you tried this recipe using spaghetti squash? Bet it would be good on them also.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 05:45:33 AM »
ldyrdr4311,

This would be very good over the spaghetti squash.  It is a quick and easy sauce for nearly everything, even over any vegetables.  I've grilled many kinds of vegetables and poured this over them, over salads as well.  Super delicious over any kind of grilled fish or seafood, especially when these are place on top of zoodles.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 05:45:33 AM »

Sponsored Links