This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Coconut Butter  (Read 1737 times)

Loanne

• View Profile
Coconut Butter
« on: July 20, 2015, 12:42:56 PM »
I'm thinking of blending up shredded unsweetened coconut into coconut butter for my coffee.  Now I'm using the creamy stuff in the canned coconut milk and that's palatable ... not quite dairy cream, but close.  But was wondering about using coconut butter.  Anyone tried that?  I need to stay away from dairy stuff (except hard cheese)...but in all of the creamers I've tried, I can't find one that comes close to cream, except this white coconut stuff in the can.  I'm thinking coconut butter might make the coffee coconut-tasting!  :-X   Which is OK, I like coconut.  If I used coconut butter, might could give up real butter.  Thoughts?

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
Re: Coconut Butter
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 01:59:43 PM »
I've never tried it, but coconut and coffee sound good together.  It has plenty of fat, so should work for that morning pick up.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 05:25:26 PM »
Loanne,

Grace Products makes  Creamed Coconut  www.gracefoods.ca which I have purchased at Whole Foods and at Walmart.  Artsana Organic Coconut Butter is also good for coffee.  http://www.artsanafoods.com I found this in a local supermarket.  A little goes a long way in your coffee. Sometimes you come across recipes for creamed coconut or coconut butter (same product but different names which adds to the confusion).  These are the same as the "cream" on top of the can of coconut milk.  I often add them to any recipe calling for coconut milk (in addition to the coconut milk) because it makes the dish richer tasting.  Check the web sites for a store near you.  It is much less expensive this way.

Although I use whole grass fed milk in my coffee, I have used creamed coconut and it tastes fine to me.  Sometimes there is a hint of coconut, but most often there isn't. 

Loanne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 09:04:08 AM »
Barbara, thanks for the suggestions!  I'll look at WalMart next time I'm in there.

Chris Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 10:51:49 PM »
By adding coconut butter in coffee can be a better taste. Mostly fat. But it would all be healthy.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 05:54:54 AM »
Chris,

What is the difference between coconut butter and coconut cream?  I was under the impression they were the same.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 05:54:54 AM »

Sponsored Links