This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Forever learning  (Read 1367 times)

Laneygrl

• View Profile
Forever learning
« on: August 29, 2015, 04:54:02 PM »
I would love to say it has been an easy 5 weeks, but....here is my story. Prior to this new way of living, I ate tons of sugar, bread, pasta, soy. I had been on medi fast for quite awhile and ate a ton of artificial ingredients and soy. I lost 45 pounds there, but gained about 20 back, and still dabbled with the medi fast foods trying to get on program. I had severe cravings, headaches, nausea, stomach bloating, anxiety and was on high levels of hormones for perimenapause symptoms. So came upon this program....First week in was a little tough, but felt pretty good rather quickly.....then came the crash.  Long story short, my diet had changed so drastically that the amount of hormones I had been taking to counteract all the estrogen inducing foods I was consuming was way way way to much. So I had significant symptoms of anxiety/ panic. i have now realize that I hardly need any hormones and hope sometime soon none with this way of eating. It took me awhile to figure out!!  Even my doctor kept telling me to use more hormones and didn't understand what was really going on with my body. So after 5 weeks and a 17 pound weight loss I think I am really getting it.  Thanks for having a place to let me share this beginning journey to my health!!  Oh by the way, most of the symptoms I was having prior are gone!
Elaine

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Re: Forever learning
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 08:24:23 PM »
Wow!  Very interesting observation!  Good for you, and thank you for sharing.  Congratulations!

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 01:06:27 PM »
Good for you.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 01:06:27 PM »

Sponsored Links