This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: I'm Joan from MN  (Read 1368 times)

Joan from MN

• Wheat free since 1/20/13
    • View Profile
I'm Joan from MN
« on: April 18, 2013, 02:32:22 PM »
A big THANK YOU to Rita for setting all of this up!

Here's my story. Oddly enough, it was our cat who, at least in part, started us on our wheat-free journey. I put her on a high-quality grain-free cat food about a year and a half ago because her eyes were getting cloudy and I could tell that her joints hurt when she walked down the stairs. After less than 6 months on the new food, she started acting almost like a kitten again, and her eyes are now clear and bright. She's 11 years old.

I have osteoarthritis and noted how much my joints were inflamed and painful shortly after eating gluten (specifically, wheat). I also learned recently that there could be a connection between osteoporosis (got that too) and gluten sensitivity.

So my husband and I kicked wheat to the curb three months ago, and the results so far have been nothing short of amazing. The painful nodes (called Bouchard's nodes) on my fingers from osteoarthritis have either disappeared or shrunk. DH had been plagued by GI and sinus issues for years--those both are now completely resolved. His clinic took him off medication for high blood pressure. We both lost a bit of weight, though not as much as we would like (still trying to figure that one out). I lost 6.25" around my middle alone.

We're sold. We'll never go back to eating wheat.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 11:49:58 AM by Joan from MN »

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Re: I'm Joan from MN
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 02:44:48 PM »
Wow... our 2nd Joan!  :)

Welcome to the forum!  And, you are very welcome.  :)   ( I just added a bunch of cat profile avatars to the gallery, so you should see if there is one that looks like your cat, as it's your cat who started you on your journey).

You know, it's funny.   I was just thinking about our dog food this morning, and wondering if dogs would have a gluten sensitivity.   I haven't looked at the ingredient list, but my guess is it's probably full of fillers like wheat.

That's so great to hear that your health issues are improving so much, and that you've lost that many inches on your middle! 

1Rockyroad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 06:33:15 PM »
Our family friend who is a holistic veterinarian many years ago started advocating feeding our dogs grain free. Too bad she didn't suggest the same for my family! My only regret about the WB lifestyle is that I didn't know about it sooner!

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 10:58:56 AM »
Exactly! When's the last time you saw your dog or cat chasing down a wheat or corn stalk?

Joan from MN

• Wheat free since 1/20/13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 10:59:39 AM »
LOL, Jan!

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 10:59:39 AM »

Sponsored Links