This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Basic Biscuits  (Read 2170 times)

brendac

• View Profile
Basic Biscuits
« on: September 08, 2015, 01:41:43 PM »
I have been making the Basic Biscuit recipe from the Wheat Belly Cook book and we love the flavor, but they are too crumbly. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to firm them up?

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Basic Biscuits
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 02:38:49 PM »
Why don't you try biscuit recipes from Gourmet Girl Cooks?  She adds grated cheese to many of her recipes so they hold together better.   Don't expect wheat type of elasticity when you use low carb ingredients.  We don't use the starch found in the high glycemic
items either.   She has a terrific recipe for a pizza crust as well.  www.gourmetgirlcooks.com.   I can't get this link to work properly.  Just use your own search engine.

brendac

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 04:30:58 PM »
Oh my goodness, thank you so much. I just went to Gourmet Girls recipes and made her buttermilk biscuits. Absolutely delicious and the texture was wonderful. This was what I was looking for.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 03:54:51 AM »
Honeyville Farms Almond Dill Garlic Biscuits recipe was posted this morning.  Looks pretty good with cream cheese, heavy cream and cheddar in the recipe.

Using your search engine, go to the Honeyville web site and use the Blog button for the recipe and many other WB acceptable ones.  Most of them are good to excellent.  I use fresh instead of the freeze dried ingredients they are promoting.    Sorry, I can't seem to get the hyperlink to work.

brendac

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 09:33:35 AM »
OK thanks a lot, I will check it out.

Loanne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 02:13:26 PM »
I was wondering about the freeze-dried ingredients...I would think regular shredded cheese (the real thing) would work just as well if not better.  And not as expensive.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 03:08:26 PM »
Loanne,

Honeyville sells a lot of freeze dried foods as well as the almond flour.  I'm not sure who their customers are and why they want to purchase freeze dried items in bulk.  Seems to be a thriving business.`Does anyone on this forum have more information?

Greentree

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 08:16:17 AM »
The Mormon religion promotes disaster preparedness....hence the Utah location for the Honeyville business. This has become bigger business with the "zombie apocalypse" , and the "government  takeover"  crowd...

DarwinHooten

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2018, 06:59:41 AM »
Why don't you try biscuit recipes from Gourmet Girl Cooks?  She adds grated cheese to many of her recipes so they hold together better.   Don't expect wheat type of elasticity when you use low carb ingredients.  We don't use the starch found in the high glycemic
items either.   She has a terrific recipe for a pizza crust as well.   I can't get this link to work properly.  Just use your own search engine.

Thank you so much for recommending Gourmet Girl Cooks. Her recipes for pizza and biscuits are great. I'm learning a lot from her recipes..

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2018, 07:15:50 AM »
You are very welcome.   Be sure to explore the many pages of recipes to find more  ways to expand your menu's.  These recipes are tried and true.  Most of them need only minimal skill levels. 

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2018, 07:15:50 AM »

Sponsored Links