This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Gluten, Wheat - OD and withdrawals  (Read 2150 times)

lizwolf217

• View Profile
Gluten, Wheat - OD and withdrawals
« on: September 12, 2015, 09:30:55 PM »
Hi all.

This Labor Day (last Monday) I had a craving for sandwiches and sugared corn flakes. I ate to my heart's content, not to much but more than usual (I am gluten intolerant and have wheat sensitivities so I do not eat much of it). Over night, I could not sleep, because my belly under my left rib was so hard and swollen and painful, that I could not sleep.

On Tuesday, I made it through the work day by not eating, just drinking to flush all that poison out. I felt dizzy, I felt like I was dying, and was sooo tired. I spent another night not sleeping, with foot cramps, and stomach pains.

On Wednesday, I ate an avocado and a banana over the course of the day - and Thursday I felt better than I had in weeks.

I told a friend about the odd experience and she recommended to read about Wheat Belly. I am on day two reading the book and am fascinated.

So here I am, eager to read and learn from others' experience.

It's good to meet y'all.

Liz

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Gluten, Wheat - OD and withdrawals
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 04:12:04 AM »
Welcome Liz,

Take the time to read Wheat Belly Blog as well as the postings on this site.  Many withdrawals symptoms and are listed as are various antidotes.  Reading lists are superb and these articles/books are quite worth while.  We have all been through the withdrawal period and there are many postings of how we managed, what seemed to work and what didn't.

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 09:29:43 AM »
Hi Liz - welcome and hope you find the support and advice you need!

Love your avatar. ;)

The cravings will stop almost immediately, when you stop ingesting grains and carbs.  Eat lots of healthy fats and protein, to help fill you up and detox and you will fell better in no time!  Start a personal journal, to keep track of what your'e eating and feeling, it can be a life saver.   ;D

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 09:32:27 AM »
re: ... she recommended to read about Wheat Belly. I am on day two reading the book and am fascinated.

The book to read is Wheat Belly Total Health (2014). It has new topics (like gut biome), more detail, but fewer recipes (rely on the WB cookbooks for those). You can actually learn all the key stuff by reading 4 years worth of the WB blog, but the WBTH book condenses and organizes it all.
_______
Disclosure: I'm a contributor on the Wheat Belly Blog.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 01:03:30 PM »
Welcome Liz, we are glad to meet you.

lizwolf217

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 05:40:36 PM »
Thanks, y'all. I plan to work my way through the blog. Unfortunately I don't have nearly the time I would like to have to learn, but I have done Atkins before, and it is by now real easy to simply leave out all altered, processed and "enhanced" products.

Avocados, Bacon, Cheeses are my friends. I also enjoy many (most) fruits, so I feel confident I can detox rather happily. :) The only annoyance is that husband eats all poisons (wheat, grains, cookies, cakes cereals, etc), and I have to basically cook two sets of meals. But it's worth the effort.

I'll post a success story soon, I am sure. :)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 08:21:26 PM »
Welcome Liz.

Maybe hubby will switch over once he sees the improvements in the way you feel.  :)

jones

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 03:32:59 PM »
Hi Liz.  My husband and daughter still eat wheat.  For dinner I simply do not eat the rice, pasta or bread, but do eat the protein and vegetables.  Do you really have to make 2 dinners?

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 03:32:59 PM »

Sponsored Links