This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: yeast  (Read 1047 times)

Lenika

• View Profile
yeast
« on: September 22, 2015, 04:46:07 AM »
Hi I am new to this site.  I have just started on a wheat free diet.  I only have about 2 kilos to lose but I suffer from various allergies and two forms of arthritis.  I want to make bread in my bread maker but I don't know if I can use yeast.  Can someone please advise me.

Thanks Angie

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: yeast
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 09:53:20 AM »
Welcome!

We don't use any grains or flour that requires a bread making machine or the use of yeast.  You might google Gourmet Girl Cooks for some good recipes for rolls.  Because we use nut  flours, the items don't need to rise.  You can put your bread machine away.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 04:05:20 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

It sound like you have some autoimmune issues, which usually starts because of a leaky gut.  Undigested proteins then leak through gut causing an autoimmune reaction like arthritis.

One of the causes of a leaky gut is gluten, so it's a good think you are going wheat free.

I'm not a bread person myself, but I think that most people who make breads are going with almond flour, which does not need yeast. 

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 04:05:20 PM »

Sponsored Links