This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: slippery slop ; recommit and need support  (Read 839 times)

pgreen6840

• View Profile
slippery slop ; recommit and need support
« on: October 04, 2015, 12:35:57 PM »
  I have been wheat free since Sept 2013. I have lost 49lbs and haven't looked back.  Lately I find my resolve ( addictive thinking maybe) trying to get me to try " just a little after all....." It has been hard as being under stress ( ahh, the trigger) my thinking is a bit serotonin will help from carb sources; yet I know that is dangerous  thinking!
 Bottom line I am reaching out for support. I , ideally , could use a live chat function but haven't found any sites that offer it.
 So, PLEASE feel free to share your thoughts. I did re-read from Dr Davis stories of relapse and people who though "just a little" is ok !   
Thanks
Phil

BarbinNC

• View Profile
Re: slippery slop ; recommit and need support
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 05:19:18 PM »
Hi Phil, and welcome.  I empathize with your story, went through some bad relapse for a few months, right before I decided to retire.  The stress and shameless temptations right under my nose, did me in for a while.  It was not pretty.  It sounds like you're quite the pro at living wheat and grain free, and you know you can do it, with good planning and preparation.  That's what my problem was towards the end:  no time and too tired to plan and prepare, and it sent me into a downward spiral.

I hope you can read and get new motivation here, there is much good info, and some very informed and kind folks who will help you, if you have specific questions or state more clearly what it is you are looking for.

For me, it was making the life change, that saved me.  It isn't easy sometimes, to take that first step, to make the decision, but for most of us, health and happiness means more than making more and more money.  A certain financial stability is certainly important (I obviously don't know what your stressors are, but for me, it was the job, and I had to leave behind a substantial salary and great benefits, to quit and take early retirement) but in the end, we can't take  it with us, and for me, as long as I can live comfortably and support my loved ones, I am happy.

Do post more about what you eat, your circumstances, anything you feel comfortable with, and you will surely find support here, I promise to read and let you know what I think and what I would do to help you over the hills. 

I think somehow you already know what to do, so go ahead and do the planning, tell us what you are doing to get back on the wagon, and feel free to vent about life's stresses, that has helped me a lot!

Best,
Barb
 :)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 06:27:44 AM »
Welcome Phil!

Congratulations on your success.   Have you thought about keeping a food diary so that you can track when you are having these cravings and how you are feeling when these cravings come?   It could be because you are not getting all your nutrients in.   I'm a big minerals fan and missing a trace mineral can have major effects.  Sea salt and kelp are good.   But minerals also need vitamins to help shuffle them where they need to go.  I think desiccated liver is a really good vitamin supplement.  (I'd stay away from synthetic vitamins.)

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 06:27:44 AM »

Sponsored Links