This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Best Crust?  (Read 1105 times)

Gem

• View Profile
Best Crust?
« on: June 06, 2013, 08:53:36 AM »
What kind of homemade crust do you use for pies and cheesecake??  I want to use a crust with nuts but the dried fruit (dates) I need to hold it together is so high in carbs!!  Yikes!  Please give me all your great crust recipes!!  Thanks!  :)

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Best Crust?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 09:27:48 AM »
What kind of homemade crust do you use for pies and cheesecake??  I want to use a crust with nuts but the dried fruit (dates) I need to hold it together is so high in carbs!!  Yikes!  Please give me all your great crust recipes!!  Thanks!  :)

This is the delicious recipe for the crust portion of the cheesecake in the WB book (page 263 in his first book). I use 1/3 cup Truvia and I grease my 10" pie pan w/ butter. Then I pour the filling in and bake the whole thing for 45 minutes (for my oven):

Crust:
Grease pan with butter (10 inch pie pan)
1-1/2 cups ground pecans
1/3 cup Truvia (equivalent to cup sucrose)
1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
6 T unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract

Crust: Combine ground pecans, sweetener and cinnamon in a large bowl.
Stir in the melted butter, egg and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and 1-1/2 to 2 inches up the sides of a 10-inch pie pan.

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 09:29:37 AM »
Gem, to clarify...I butter the pan, make the crust in the pan, then pour the filling in and bake.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 09:29:37 AM »

Sponsored Links