This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Website for poultry and egg quality  (Read 1197 times)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Website for poultry and egg quality
« on: November 19, 2015, 06:28:19 AM »
Farm Forward has developed a website which rates the quality of your poultry products by brand name.  They explain the rating system used.  I found this helpful because I was wondering if the chicken I was purchasing was really the best quality.  Checking a poultry producer's web site usually wasn't too helpful as they all use the same meaningless terms.  I have found that the "better" quality chicken is really tastier and not filled with liquid.  When I searched on this site, the ratings were BETTER for the products I have been buying and reasons for this were given.  This surprised me. I thought I was buying BEST! The rating system is supposed to be independent and uses the same guidelines for all producers and is listed as AVOID,  BETTER and BEST.

The site is still developing, so give it a chance!   http://buyingpoultry.com
Again, I can't get this link to work, so just used your search engine.  Sorry.  No idea why this is happening.    ::)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 07:59:35 AM by Rita »

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Re: Website for poultry and egg quality
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 07:59:58 AM »
I fixed the link Barbara.  Looks like a good resource.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 11:07:35 AM »
Thanks Rita!   

This is a good resource.  I was surprised that so many of the local "premium" brands were rated BETTER, not BEST.  This will change as more of the specialty farms are added to local markets.  Three years ago you couldn't find free range eggs from pastured chickens.  Now you have a choice of brands at many supermarkets.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 12:45:46 PM »
Thanks, Barbara, this is nice.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 12:45:46 PM »

Sponsored Links