This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Can wheatgrass or the Seychelle water pitcher remove fluoride from our water?  (Read 3195 times)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Hi all.   As you may remember, I was able to do several fluoride tests with the Denver Water Board.   The chemists there were wonderful, and let me test 8 different samples.   I tested the Seychelle water pitcher (their website says it will remove up to 90% of fluoride on water), and also tested wheatgrass, which is believed to get rid of fluoride.   I just posted the results on my brand spanking new website. :)   Here are the results of my experiment:

http://www.doitforyounutrition.com/blog/2015/11/fluoridetest

BarbinNC

• View Profile
Very interesting experiment and also sad will you persue a relatively easy method of removing fluoride from our drinking water?  I love your new blog, and have ear marked to follow. Thank you for this!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Yes... I plan on looking for better solutions.   I have some theories, and it looks like I'll be able to test those in January.

BarbinNC

• View Profile
That's great, I am all ears - and you're a very good looking lady, btw. !   8)

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
re: Yes... I plan on looking for better solutions.

And common ones that don't work, which I presume includes Britta-like charcoal filters.

Home distillers I presume work (as does buying retail distilled water, which may well be cheaper in the long run).

Unrelated: your wheatgrass juice pages need to address WGA.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Unrelated: your wheatgrass juice pages need to address WGA.

I haven't found a whole lot of research on it as it relates to wheatgrass, but from what I have found, it seems to be that the WGA is mainly in the kernel, root and leaf base.... so below the point where you would harvest wheatgrass.   It also seems that it is something that can be rinsed off of roots.   

Wheat Free Forum

Sponsored Links