This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Today is day 1  (Read 1056 times)

TravelinGal

• View Profile
Today is day 1
« on: January 11, 2016, 01:22:19 PM »
Hi everyone!  My name is Robin and I had gastric sleeve surgery July 2015. I am down 90 pounds with more to go. 

Something made me decide to get Wheat Belly from Amazon the other day and as I started reading it, I told hubby and son (11) that we were going to ALL start this new way of eating. 

Hubby is very overweight and has a massive belly. He has quite a few weight related health issues - almost all of which the Dr. mentions in the book.
My son has high function autism and ADHD and is battling weight already (guess he learned from us...). He is in the 15% for height but the 86% for weight. Not a good combination.

I told/asked them to both commit to this for one month and they agreed. I am hoping they will see and feel the difference enough to move forward with me on the new lifestyle. 

How sad is it that I put my dogs on a grain free diet but never thought about the help and health it would provide US?  I guess my thought was if I paid $1000 for a dog it was worth paying for the best type of food for them.  But why the disconnect from that and our health?  Oh well.  Moving forward now!

Well, there it is, a (not so) brief introduction.  Looking forward to getting to know all of you and learning more about eating healthy!

Robin
DH Wayne
DS Ethan
Robin

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Today is day 1
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 03:36:32 PM »
Welcome and best wishes for a successful month.  A big help will be using the recipes in Wheat Belly, on this web site and check the paleo internet recipes as well.  Drink lots of water to help clean out your system!  In a few weeks, start the supplements like probiotics and magnesium recommended by Dr. Davis. 

Keep in mind that the sugar and grains are what adds weight.  You might want to check the Swerve website for this sweetener and recipes for delicious brownies, cookies and other treats using suitable ingredients.  Swerve is made from a sugar alcohol and is compliant with Wheat Belly.  If your family is used to having sweets, then make them.  They taste good and are low carb.

Keep us posted on your progress. 

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 04:36:25 PM »
Welcome to the forum Robin.  So glad that your family is on board.   I look forward to hearing about you and your family's progress.

Greentree

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 07:23:23 AM »
Robin, welcome!!

I am so glad you found the forum, and wish your family all the best on WB!

My family (3) is down about 125 lbs. If we had a goal weight (we don't, because that just causes stress...), I would say we are 3/4 of the way there. As long as the scale is going vaguely down, we are happy.

I hope you will soon realize that you can have that band removed...you were eating too much, just too much poison in the form of wheat!

Please read my post to Effy, as these strategies may help, especially with DH and DS!

To your health!

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 07:23:23 AM »

Sponsored Links