This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: .  (Read 2062 times)

TravelinGal

• View Profile
« on: January 11, 2016, 01:54:10 PM »
.i get it that people are trying to help, but I feel like everything I post in MY DIARY is wrong.  I'm done.  I'll stick with other sites that *feel* more friendly. 

If I had a question and wanted input I asked it.  I thought my diary was a safe place to record what I was doing. 

Have a good life and maybe don't be so quick to comment on people's diaries. 

I have removed my personal posts from this.
Robin

bill

• View Profile
Re: Diary of a Wheaty Girl ~ The Last Grain
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 03:42:59 PM »
Travelin:

Please let me gently tell you that you still do not
understand what it takes to do what you need
to do.

There is never a time to use wheat for a meal.
There are other things to eat for your comfort
and memories.

Pizza Hut?  You must not get it at all.

It appears like you fear eating fat.  Chicken
breast is about the lowest fat to meat you can
get.  Ranch dressing is probably bad seed
oils.  A better choice is full fat sour cream with onion
powder.  Tastes about the same.  Applesauce?
That is sugar.  Do you understand that?  It
doesn't matter if it has added sugar or not.  The
applesause itself is completely sugar to your
body.  Same for an orange.  It is completely
sugar to your body.  The nutrient value is so
low as to be almost non-existent.   Certainly
not worth the sugar load.

Give the kid butter and meat.  That's all he
needs.  His brain needs that.  Why complicate
things?  Butter and meat.  That's it.  More
butter than meat.  He will flourish on it. Cheese
sticks are fine, too.  But don't displace the
meat with them.  Fatty meat.

You must understand that if you don't embrace
eating much much more fat (including saturated
fat) your little sojourn into the wheatbelly/LCHF
way of eating will be a complete failure.  You
will have two rebelling family members on your
hands.  You too must eat much more fat to
succeed.

No cheating with wheat, ever.

Oh, how I wish you would take these recommendations
to heart. 

For more info, please check out dietdoctor.com

I do wish you the best.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 04:38:37 PM »
Glad you are starting a diary.   I remember cleaning out my fridge and cupboards too, and throwing away canola oil, and lots of condiments.   It's good to have a fresh start.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 06:09:24 PM »
Dr. David Perlmutter MD has a blog site which discusses the importance of probiotics for everyone, especially autistic children.  You may want to read his articles and eventually his books: Grain Brain and also Brain Maker. 

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 02:18:45 AM »

T,

You are really helping to recover your health!  Doing great!

Butter is your friend.  Organic, cultured butter from grass fed cows should be a staple in your home.  Make or buy ghee for higher heat saute's on meats or vegetables.  Really delicious and adds lots of flavor to everything.  You can season the butter for even more flavor. 

As time goes on, you will learn where and how to shop for the most value for your food dollars.  In the last 3 years since I started this way of eating, I have found that many supermarkets, farmer's markets and other smaller food stores are carrying the meat, poultry, fish, dairy and vegetables I want to eat: free range, organic, grass fed etc.  Don't forget to check the www.buyingpoultry.com site for the quality of your poultry and eggs. 

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 07:04:26 AM »
Go to www,nomnompaleo.com for snack ideas for children.  Cheese always comes in handy as does nuts.  Watch out for the coatings on some nuts so read the ingredients.  Puddings and jello are easy and quick to make and there are endless recipes for cookies and bars.  Usually the hunger for snacks goes away with time.  Remember that you are getting used to eating real food which is simply prepared and not filled with the chemicals designed to enhance corporate bottom line.

Probiotics are very helpful as well.  My favorite is Dr. Ohiira's Professional formula.  http://www.EssentialFormulas.com  These are fermented, does not require any refrigeration and were developed by an award winning microbiologist.  I found this brand to be very calming and well worth the cost

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 03:57:55 AM »
Eggplant lasagna tastes as good as the spices you add to it.  I make mine somewhat like a cross between a moussaka and a lasagna.  There are endless recipes for this on paleo web sites.  I'm sure you can find one which would appeal to you.  One site even uses Applegate Farms or similar slices of ham or turkey instead of noodles.  Another uses tortilla's.   Himalayan salt works wonders in these recipes.

Gourmet Girl Cooks has recipes for sandwich rolls which are pretty good.  I use them for hamburger rolls.  I make a batch in my whoopie pan, then slice and freeze the leftovers for later.

Another favorite recipe for winter is a shepherd's pie dish.   Potatoes/cauliflower/celery root are all suitable as the top layer. 

Greentree

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 10:10:09 AM »
Enjoyed reading!!

Get the Paleo cookbook"Well Fed" by Melissa Joulwan....she is a magician with food!

Trader joes is a mine field of junk food, IMO....I used to love it, but now that I do not buy crackers and chips.....

All the best!

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 04:09:07 AM »
T,

You might want to look into purchasing a spiralizer to make noodles.  You can roast them in a 375* oven for about 20-25 minutes until tender.
Toss the noodles with S & P and perhaps  some other favorite spices and oil.  Place on a foil lined baking sheet. Roast.  After roasting, you let the zoodles drain in a colander if needed.  You can quickly stir fry if you want crispier zoodles.  Root veggies need to be covered for the first 15 minutes, then remove cover.

Shirataki noodles made from konjac root can be purchased at many stores.  You would carefully rinse and stir fry in hot pan with a drop of oil.  No carbs at all. Purchase these in the refrigerated cases where tofu is sold.  Make sure you are purchasing the konjac root noodles and not the soy based ones.  There are Miracle noodles as well which are sold on supermarket shelves, not in the refrigerator.  Dr. Davis has many scrumptious sauce recipes in his Wheat Belly Book[size=78%].  [/size]

Keep in mind that chickpea flour is not low carb.  You can purchase ready made chickpea dried noodles in your supermarket, but again, these are not low carb but are OK while you are transistioning.  Low carb - high fat should be your mantra.  You will get MUCH better results from LCHF eating and will lose the urge to snack or consume carbs.

Hope this helps.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 04:09:07 AM »

Sponsored Links