This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: USDA Revokes Grass Fed Label Standard  (Read 1250 times)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile

TravelinGal

• View Profile
Re: USDA Revokes Grass Fed Label Standard
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 04:13:21 PM »
Well, that stinks! 
Eat local doesn't work for us.  Any farmer/rancher who does sell to the public still requires you to purchase a huge amount of beef and we cannot afford that at this time.  Nor do we have a place to store that much meat at once. 
Robin

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 05:43:47 PM »
What on earth are they thinking?  I just can't believe what's going on with those agencies, are they insane?  Even if they voluntarily label things going forward, who will oversee truth in advertising?  I mean, this is just bordering on criminal I'm furious!! >:(

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 07:45:34 PM »
Our way of eating certainly is having a huge impact.  I'm seeing organic fruit and vegetable sections expanding in local supermarkets and carrying a larger variety.  Free range poultry and eggs, grass fed meats and dairy products are now readily available in 4 of the larger chains and some of the smaller ones. 
No surprise that the labeling for these products have been watered down to meaningless so Big Food can continue their lies and increase their very profitable CAFO ways. 

As these lobbying groups employ more and more lawyers to think up ways of watering down the regulations, the backlash is also getting stronger.  I posted a web site http://www.buyingpoultry.com which grades eggs and poultry products in your area.  This was very helpful in trying to decode the carton of eggs I was purchasing.  Soon there will be similar sites for dairy products and meats because consumer groups will demand them.  There are watchdog agencies (publicly funded, non-profits) for fish and seafood. 

The days of a well regulated, clean food supply are over and our government agencies have bowed to the pressure of big business. When other countries refuse our exports, the rules will change.  When we take the time to inform our Congressmen to strengthen the regulations, the rules will change.  When we walk with our pocketbooks, the rules will change.   

It is all economics.  When the bottom line is red, a company is in trouble.  When someone can supply the marketplace with a cheaper product, that product will sell until it either becomes too inferior or is replaced by an even less expensive product.  With food, Mother Nature isn't fooled by the likes of corporate America and cheap food is not as nutritious as naturally grown.  Chemicals and sugars haven't replaced nutrition and our health as a nation shows this. 

The marketplace will provide if you, as a consumer, demand it. 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 01:06:04 PM by Rita »

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 05:35:56 PM »
I'm kind of lost in what this all means to the consumer.  There was a post by Nina Teicholz earlier on Facebook, I meant to check it out and can't find it now.  I think she was saying that there will be some oversight after all, just not by the USDA?  Really unsure, does anyone know what I'm talking about?  :-\

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 05:35:56 PM »

Sponsored Links