This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Hello there.  (Read 1590 times)

cosmicherb70

• View Profile
Hello there.
« on: January 15, 2016, 07:19:19 AM »
Hi, how are you all doing?

My name is Chris and I come to the wheat free lifestyle after a long battle with my weight and the associated health problems. I've got paroxysmal atrial fibrillation, acid reflux, dry and sore skin patches in all manner of unspeakable places and sinus problems galore.

I am a 45 year old man living in North Yorkshire in the UK. I started at over 20 stone / 280lbs / 125kg

I have tried low carb things before,and had limited success, but always seem to fall off the wagon a few weeks or months in. This time I've gone the whole hog, starting with the Wheat Belly 10 day detox with all the supplements that Dr Davis recommends. I am starting to feel better. My skin is improving, my sinuses are clearing up, my BP has finally dropped and the weight has just melted away.

I really want to stick with this. I haven't weakened at all so far and have resisted all wheat and grain products as well as rice and potatoes. I just hope my current determination lasts.

Looking forward to reading the posts and chipping in.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Hello there.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 08:04:44 AM »
Hi Chris,

You are doing great!  Much more in the way of health improvements to come.  At the moment, make sure you are drinking plenty of water, with the recommendation of 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water.  This is a general guesstimate but is a good guideline so you let your body release all the toxins built up over the years. 

Keep up the good work…every month you will feel better and better.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 08:43:51 AM »
Welcome to the forum Chris.   Glad to hear you are seeing improvements.   I hope that you find this forum to be a good support system for you.

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 12:55:09 PM »
Hi Chris, welcome and good on ya, for going whole hog!!

;)

There is a Facebook group for the Wheatbelly 10 Day Detox, and another great Keto group I've joined and am following.  Very inspirational and helpful info.  If you are there, just search for Keto Kristie and see if it helps.

Lots of help here too, sometimes a bit quiet here, but read back to see some excellent information!

Good luck,
Barb

TravelinGal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 12:21:14 AM »
Hi Chris.  I'm new here too.  I started on this plan on Monday so just under a week and I am notice no my sinus issues improving already!  I didn't expect that!  Especially coming off a cold - I usually stay congested up to a month after a cold. 

Anyway, WELCOME from one newbie to another!

Robin

Greentree

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 07:13:25 AM »
Welcome, Chris!! You sound committed and strong !  The opioids and the subliminal advertisements are quite strong, too, but we are working for OUR LIVES here, not some corporate CEO!!

Remember my family motto..."Meat and Vegetables"! That is our reply when asked "what in the world do you EAT, if no bread, pasta, etc.???" Of course, there is more, but that is the core, and constant reminder!

To your health!!

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 07:13:25 AM »

Sponsored Links