This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself to the Wheat Free Forum  (Read 2368 times)

sunshine113

• View Profile
Introduce Yourself to the Wheat Free Forum
« on: January 29, 2016, 04:52:26 PM »
Hi Hi everyone,
Thanks for excepting me to the "Wheat Free Forum".
I am interested in learning everything, about anything.....   :D
Thanks again!!!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself to the Wheat Free Forum
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 10:06:42 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  There's lots of great information here.  Ask if you have questions.  :)

sunshine113

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 03:26:09 PM »
Thank you for your help... I am really slow at starting this WB lifestyle... even though I know this is the only way to heal from my many ailments... I am so very happy to be here.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 03:46:08 PM »
We are here to support you.  :)

Katherine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 08:10:49 AM »
Hi :) my name is Kathy from NC n I have been following the Wheat Belly for almost a year now n found about this site from one of Dr Davis blogs n have been loving it and all you wonderful inspiring wheat/grain free individuals. I am so looking forward to interacting with all. I would like to give a shout out to Barbara in NC, she has been very helpful with recipes, etc, thank you
Blessings,
Kathy:-)

Katherine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 08:23:28 AM »
I have a question and am hoping someone can answer it for me:) I have a  flourless brownie recipe I want to try and it calls for Oat Fiber, is this something we can or cannot have while following the Wheat Belly lifestyle? Cannot get a clear answer? Thank you ;)
Blessings,
Kathy:-)

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 09:32:58 AM »
Welcome Katherine! Here's what Dr. Davis has to say about oats.....

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2011/10/wheat-belly-quick-and-dirty/

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 02:11:21 PM »
Welcome Katherine.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 02:24:21 PM »
Welcome Katherine.  When you have time, read some of the older posts.  There is a great deal of useful information here!

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 08:57:01 AM »
Welcome, welcome to all our new members.  We are so glad to have you.

Soggy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2016, 11:59:20 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am a newbie, Two years ago a followed a wheat free lifestyle for a year. I felt great. Last year I let wheat creep back into my life and with it came IBS, acid reflux, night sweats, joint aches and pains and weight gain. I have decided to go back to it starting today. What an idiot I was to go back to wheat. Anyway I am here and hoping this forum will offer support.

SOggy😊👋🏼

ldyrdr4311

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2016, 12:53:40 PM »
Welcome, Soggy.
Have fallen off the wagon at times, & like you, paid for it. Sorry, if anyone out there think this WOE is just a fad (including Dr's). This does work, & when it helps so many medical issues, you KNOW it works! My own Dr. likes what the blood tests & weight loss show.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 01:57:00 PM »
Hello Soggy,

Welcome to the forum.  Many things have changed in the last year and it certainly is much easier to find ingredient and recipes for great tasting food. 
Most people will get right back on the bandwagon if they slip back into old habits.  Sometimes circumstances make it difficult or impossible to follow our way of eating. Just start getting back into the better eating habits until this is a way of life. 

One of the items I really missed was having pancakes sometimes for breakfast.  Most of the recipes made really heavy cakes which broke apart when you were trying to flip them.  There is a cookbook that was just published called Paleo Perfected.  These are recipes adapted to our way of eating by America's Test Kitchen.  Each recipe is better than the next.  I followed their method for pancakes which is basically using a blender to mix the batter to make the pancakes light and fluffy.  It worked!  If you need ideas, this is the best cookbook because they explain exactly why they use certain ingredients and not others.  Your food will be delicious and you won't want to go back to your old habits.  Worth every penny.  Some of the recipes use arrowroot or tapioca flour, but these are in small amounts and these starches really do make a difference in the final plated dish. 

When you are eating real food that tastes delicious, you just don't want to eat any of the packaged items on supermarket shelves, and even if you do, they taste awful because they are so over processed and far removed from actual food.  Feel encouraged that you are will to start to feed yourself what your body needs to keep yourself healthy and pain free.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 01:57:00 PM »

Sponsored Links