This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Epic Bars  (Read 2096 times)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Epic Bars
« on: February 19, 2016, 06:43:49 AM »
If you happen to come across Epic Bars in during your food shopping trips, I would highly recommend you purchase some.  They are made with excellent quality ingredients and do not need refrigeration.  They taste good too!

I've found them in my local supermarket and at The Vitamin Shoppe and Whole Foods.  These come in very handy for those times when you need a snack.  Excellent for car trips. http://www.epicbar.com    I can't get this link to work, so just use your search engine and type in Epic Bars for all the ingredients and many flavors. 

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
Re: Epic Bars
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 09:37:24 AM »
The URL above doesn't work. Take out the "s" in bars.

Know also that EPIC became a General Mills brand just recently.

Anyone looking for a bar might check into Eric Westman's Adapt brand, which appear to be full keto, and Mark Sissons Primal Kitchen, which are relatively low carb paleo.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 10:20:35 AM »
Thanks Boundless!

Got the link to work properly.  I'm guessing that General Mills put enough $ into making a better distribution system and that is why these bars are popping up on so many store shelves for $2@.   

I will check on the bars you mentioned.  I'm guessing that GM purchased this company as a way to grow because their usual products aren't doing too well.  I can just hope that GM will keep the original formula and not figure out a way to make them with cheaper ingredients. 

Having bars like this are really convenient, even if they are relatively expensive. 

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 05:49:55 PM »
re: I'm guessing that GM purchased this company as a way to grow because their usual products aren't doing too well.

It might have been a way to buy into the paleo or sane bar markets, or they might just be milking the goodwill of the brand before they run it into the ground. Normally, when Big Bad Food buys Little Quality Food, it's the kiss of death for LQF.

Epic bars are too high in net carbs for a snack bar in my book.

I'd like to see Epic replace some of the needless sugars in the products with stevia, and back off on the prominent "No Added Nitrates" claim that they immediately have to confess isn't true (celery powder). I have about zero confidence that the GM relationship will result in a move in that direction.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 07:03:26 PM »
Boundless,

You are right, of course.  I have visions of GM scientists masquerading as elves - no wait, that's Keebler!- figuring out how they can install a conveyor belt
loaded with grass filled sod into their CAFO's.  Or maybe they can just sprinkle a little grass into the feed and say their animals are grass fed.  I am sure Scotts or similar gardening supply companies would be happy to provide the grass.  I seem to remember that the law for labeling "grass fed" or pastured was vague concerning actualu amounts of grass and source of grass..

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 07:03:26 PM »

Sponsored Links