This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Raw Honey  (Read 1963 times)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Raw Honey
« on: February 20, 2016, 01:04:55 PM »
I'm becoming a huge fan of raw unfiltered honey the more I read about it.

Here are some very informative articles:

Overview on honey's impact on health:  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3758027/

Honey's impact on blood sugar and diabetes:  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3399220/
Modify message

I think what gets me most excited about honey is its ability to increase bifidobacteria counts.

Can't wait to get my bees.  :)

Loanne

• View Profile
Re: Raw Honey
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 10:06:12 AM »
I love honey, but am hesitant to use it in anything since it's a "sugar item" and I don't do well with sweet stuff.

Loanne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 10:47:15 AM »
Rita, I meant to add that even though I'm skeptical about eating honey myself, I would love to have some bees!  How's it working for you?  And this begs the question...you haven't gotten stung yet, have you??   :)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 02:04:12 PM »
Loanne -   I'm getting my bees the end of April.   I've already had to order them, as most places are sold out already.

So right now I'm figuring out my beehive and my suit.  :)    I've completed about 14 hours of training (powerpoint style).  Getting ready for my real-world experience!

We were told to get an epipin and have that handy ... just incase.  Yikes!  Hope I never need to use that.

martygras

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 11:21:01 AM »
I have allergies since youth (pollen & animal dander) and I've been reading about allergies becoming less prevalent after becoming wheat/grain free. I wonder if histamine reactions are under the same category. Just thinkin' out loud.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 02:44:28 PM »
Very well could be.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 08:03:41 AM »
The longer you are grain free, the less inflammation you have so usually the so called "allergies" improve a lot.  This takes time. 

I can tolerate pollen from grass and trees much better now.  So far this season I am not sneezing and not feely woozy.  My nose does run a but and my eyes do water a bit, but not very much at all.  Just before I tarted this way of eating, I could barely drive with car windows open because if someone was cutting their grass, I would be sneezing very badly and my eyes would water enough so that I thought I was crying.  No more!!!!
My doctor said :allergy shots!  They didn't work all that well.  Now, no shots, no Benedryl and I am nearly allergy free. (98% better).

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 08:03:41 AM »

Sponsored Links