This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Crunchy Sesame Crackers - Sesame Crispbread  (Read 1197 times)

BarbinNC

• View Profile
Crunchy Sesame Crackers - Sesame Crispbread
« on: April 22, 2016, 04:05:55 PM »
I took some time this morning, to try this recipe I've had on my mind for a while.  It's from the Diet Doctor site, and very easy to make.  It took me a little while to gather the ingredients, but they are good to use for other upcoming recipes, like keto tortillas and flat bread.   Very easy, fast, delicious!  Crispiest cracker/bread I've ever made while on low carb.

Here's some pictures I took, first one just out of the oven,  second one cut up and ready to eat - GS couldn't wait, lol!

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/barbarak/slideshow/Crunchy%20Sesame%20Crackers

Some changes I made:  I cut them smaller than the recipe calls for, I made 45 crackers, instead of the bread slice size.  Also, I didn't feel like grating cheese, so I chopped it up and you can see the little chunks of cheese.  I might try a plain sesame with parmesan cheese cracker next time. 

http://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/lchf-breakfast-by-fanny-4-sesame-crispbread

Ingredients

30 servings

• 1 cups (300 ml) sesame seeds
  • cup (100 ml) sunflower seeds
  • 2 oz. (60 g) grated cheese
  • 1 tablespoon psyllium-seed husk
  • cup (100 ml) water
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon salt

Instructions

Mix together all ingredients (grate the cheese coarsely), and spread out on parchment paper on a baking sheet.
  • Sprinkle sea salt on top.
  • Set the oven to 340F (170C) for 20 minutes.
  • Carefully cut the crackers into the desired form.
  • Lower the heat to 280F (140C) and let sit for another 40 minutes.
  • Remove the crispbread and make sure its dry all all the way through. I usually let it stay in the oven with the door slightly open until the oven is cool.

Wheat Free Forum

Crunchy Sesame Crackers - Sesame Crispbread
« on: April 22, 2016, 04:05:55 PM »

Sponsored Links