Introduce Yourself > Introduce Yourself to the Wheat Free Forum

New guy, sayin' hi.

(1/4) > >>

martygras:
Hi gang,
My name is Marty and I signed up to post because I wanted to thank everyone here for providing such USEFUL information, opinions, tips, links and general sanity in a very confusing world.

Thanks mucho to Rita for creating this forum and to Bob Niland for posting some of the most useful information I've run across on the web. Bob is truly being a hero by doing A LOT of translating of data and test results into layman's terms. Everyone here is very helpful and positive.

Oh, and of course Dr. Davis. He provided the key and a map. I found the treasure.

I would have laughed if someone told me a year ago that I could turn my life around by removing a few weird grasses from my life. So my wife and I are now W/G free, 4 months for me, 3 for my wife. I am down in weight (306-56=250lbs) and she is down about 10, but she has much less to lose than I. My son is voluntarily trying to transition to being W/G free even though he is a very thin teen. And it's funny that there is nothing he can eat at school except banana's and oranges.  He's starting to understand what wheat was doing to his dad.

I don't miss the wheat, corn, rice etc. Nor do I miss my T2D, peripheral neuropathy, depression, joint pain, stomach problems... or cravings. I don't have cravings anymore. I'm 51 years old and this is a completely new feeling for me.

I feel like I've become a member of a secret society though. My diet is now somewhat upside down compared to the masses, and I feel a hell of a lot better.

I tip my internet hat at y'all,
Marty

Jan in Key West:
Welcome Marty.....this is a great supportive, informative group. Best of luck to you and your family!

Barbara from New Jersey:
Hi Marty,

Welcome!  You will fee better and better a time goes on.  What everyone else is eating will start tasting awful to you and you wonder how you ever could have eaten that for so long.  You will watch your friends and family get fat or just be overweight and start having aches and pains,  then "conditions," then the prescriptions, etc.  feeling awful most of the time.  You, on the other hand will be feeling better and better.  Your health issues will diminish, you will have more energy and you won't have a tray full of expensive prescriptions.

Keep us posted!

Rita:
I'm glad you found the information useful and that you joined us Marty.    Congratulations on your weight loss.  That is fantastic!

I know what you mean about the school system.   It's pretty pathetic.

Bob Niland (Boundless):
re: and to Bob Niland for posting some of the most useful information I've run across on the web.

Thanks. If that's based on what I contribute to the Wheat Belly Blog, readers might have noticed that it fell silent a couple of days ago. Dr. D. has the expiry on comments set to 14 days, and hasn't posted anything for 16 or more, due to a hot project with a hard deadline. This has happened before, and I expect new traffic shortly.

If you haven't followed the crumbs to it, here's a link to a page with the various reference articles I rely on for answering common blog questions.

re: I feel like I've become a member of a secret society though.

It's getting less secret every day, as people stumble upon it or figure it out for themselves. I was just watching Ivor Cummins (The Fat Emporer) in a video intro to a screening of Widowmaker, and what he's worked out (based on skepticism of what a standard lipid panel supposedly said about him) appears to be an independent clone of Wheat belly, Grain Brain, etc.

re: My diet is now somewhat upside down compared to the masses, and I feel a hell of a lot better.

Not "somewhat", but almost entirely. Over 98% of what passes as "food" is unfit for routine human consumption, and the old food pyramid scheme really is upside down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version