This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Cliff builder bars?  (Read 1929 times)

Michael Beechey

• View Profile
Cliff builder bars?
« on: May 18, 2016, 06:56:26 AM »
anyone have experience with these?  they're the high protein version of the cliff snack bars...quite high in protein..have only ever found at Costco`

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Cliff builder bars?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 07:10:03 AM »
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!  These are filled with various kinds of sugar, soy, bad oils and have more than half your carb daily allotment in a single bar.
You must read all ingredients.  You will get used to this as you realize the poor quality of readily available food like substances. 

Michael Beechey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 07:48:53 AM »
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!  These are filled with various kinds of sugar, soy, bad oils and have more than half your carb daily allotment in a single bar.
You must read all ingredients.  You will get used to this as you realize the poor quality of readily available food like substances.

well they did seem the lesser of the evils...very high in protein....want a good deal on 2 boxes? Nice eyes- I make you good price!

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 08:18:30 AM »
There are only two bars on the market that I consider even worth considering:
  • Eric Westman's Adapt Bars
    (which are full ketogenic), and
  • Sisson's Primal Kitchen bar
    (which is the least hazardous of the paleo bars)
Everything else I've looked at has significant problems. Quest fell off my list last year.

martygras

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 09:58:03 AM »
Oh man, you climb a hill and stop to eat a Cliff bar, and that sugar load is just so good. But yeah, it's not natural in any way at that point. Really.
I also thought about the lesser evil thing too. Made me feel non-guilty for a few weeks last year.

I'm not big on most of the WB recipes, but Dr. Davis has a homemade nut bar thingy that is actually easy to make, and you put what you like into it. The dark chocolate chips w/various nuts and seeds does the trick for me. You can't buy this good a bar anywhere.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 10:28:58 AM »
There are tons of recipes on the internet for grainfree bars.  Use your search engine for "paleo nut bars" or paleo crackers.  Gourmet Girl Cooks has many recipes as well.  The only thing to watch for is using tapioca, rice or potato flour all of which are highly glycemic.  All the ready made gluten free flours have too much of these starches.  Wheat Free Market Foods had an excellent mix and their "sugar" is also good.  Check this web site for many recipes, other web sites and products to use.  Remember, this is a leaning curve and you are at the beginning.

Michael Beechey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 08:28:15 PM »

which are the bad oils..and why is the soy bad?

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 08:28:15 PM »

Sponsored Links