This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: "Smile and wave boy's. Smile and wave"  (Read 1004 times)

martygras

• View Profile
"Smile and wave boy's. Smile and wave"
« on: May 20, 2016, 02:05:56 PM »
As much as I love the Penguin's of Madagascar, I am talking about the new way I interact with people.
I feel I've discovered a secret and want to tell everyone, but am finding blank stares and looks of, "this guy's crazy" when I tell people I don't eat wheat or grains any more.

One wise guy jokingly said, "I don't eat wheat any less".
I said, "wait till I tell you about fats". Chuckle.

So now days I'm picking and choosing who I tell about the way I eat more carefully. Not that I go up to strangers and start talking about it, but when someone else does the same to me with contrary evidence, I understand more about how people feel about personal nutrition beliefs and just "smile and wave".

I do run into people who are open to alternate views, even opposing views, but they are rare. It also helps that I am not insistent that I am right.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: "Smile and wave boy's. Smile and wave"
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 02:30:37 PM »
People are a lot less hostile now then they were in 2012 when I embraced this way of eating.  I don't say anything to anyone unless they comment on how "well" I look, how nice my skin is, etc.  I thank them for the compliment and don't say anything else unless they ask.  Lectures are never welcomed.
As you see the changes in your body, your friends and family will notice as well.  If they are ready, they will question you.  If not, they really don't want to hear what you have to say.  Your comment :smile and wave" is right on the mark!

Greentree

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 06:56:26 AM »
It IS easy to become preachy when there is such a preponderance of strong evidence!! DH is a salesman, so he is MUCH better at the presentation!

I tend to turn it into a science lesson, and get way over most peoples' head!

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 06:56:26 AM »

Sponsored Links