This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Super Easy Chicken Enchiladas  (Read 2934 times)

BarbinNC

• View Profile
Super Easy Chicken Enchiladas
« on: June 17, 2016, 04:39:33 AM »
http://www.ketofam.com/2016/06/17/chicken-enchiladas/
I love this kind of recipe, quick, easy, tasty.  There is a recipe for lasagna, also using deli chicken slices instead of noodles, I posted a while ago.  Maria Emmerich has that one on her website, I think it's called protein noodles lasagna.  Enjoy!

[/size][/color]What you need:[/font]
[/size][/color]1 lb thick sliced deli chicken (we either get Boar’s Head Chipotle Chicken or the Sriracha Chicken from BJs)[/font]
[/size][/color]12 oz shredded cheddar cheese[/font]
[/size][/color]1 can enchilada sauce (you really do not need the whole can – just until you feel you’ve coated the pan evenly.[/font]
[/size][/color]What to do:[/font]
[/size][/color]Sprinkle a generous amount of cheese into each slice of chicken and roll it, just like a tortilla[/font]
[/size][/color]Place rolled chicken enchiladas into a well greased baking dish (I use an 8×8 metal pan)[/font]
[/size][/color]When the pan is full of enchiladas, pour the can of sauce over the top.[/font]
[/size][/color]Then, sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.[/font]
[/size][/color]Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes (until cheese is slightly browned and edges of the enchiladas are slightly crisp).[/font]
[/size][/color]Serve and ENJOY![/font]
[/size][/color][/font]
[/size][/color]Macros: [/font]
[/size][/color]Cal: 325, Fat: 22g, Protein: 29g, Carbs: 2g[/font]
[/size][/color](Dish makes six servings)[/font]

Greentree

• View Profile
Re: Super Easy Chicken Enchiladas
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 07:30:19 AM »
Thanks, barb! Her recipes look good!

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 07:54:22 AM »
I agree, Greentree, it's a great recipe blog.  Not sure why the format got so messed up, but glad you could read it. ;)

Katherine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 07:23:57 PM »
Hi, although this recipe looks amazing I though when following the Wheat Belly lifestyle it's not recommended to have deli meats, poultry, etc....., thank you for any input:)
Blessings,
Kathy:-)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 04:44:11 AM »
Katherine,

Try to find Applegate Farms sliced deli in your grocery store.  This is what Maria Emmerich uses I think.  It is made from pastured, properly raised and fed animals.

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 04:21:59 PM »
I had not come across that particular info on this diet, unless you mean that we shouldn't eat any deli meats with sugar added.  A lot of them do have ingredients that aren't ideal, so you have a point.  I usually get Boars Head, or an organic sliced chicken roast, at Costco.  Always read ingredients, is the secret to success!!  :)

Katherine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 06:54:29 PM »
Thank you very much for your tips and advice, I have tried Applegate deli products, a bit salty but very tasty:) happy to know they are acceptable on WB, I usually purchase
Harvestland oven roasted turkey in the deli, cut to order, it is all natural, no artificial anything!!! Thank you again ladies😉
Blessings,
Kathy:-)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 05:43:48 AM »
Boars Head products have been excellent quality for 40+ years.  The do contain some sugar, but are mostly gluten free.  Their animal sources are unknown.  There are now many brands advertising their sources and ingredients.  Keep checking the refrigerated displays for them because it seems the brands change frequently.  MSG and wheat is often listed as "spices".  Its not so much the nitrites and nitrates which are troublesome, but the sugars and unidentified spices.

You probably don't want to eat the less expensively priced brands which are made from CAFO sourced animals.  As a general rule, most deli is quite salty.
You notice this much more the longer you are grain and sugar free and use sea or himalayan salt. 

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 05:43:48 AM »

Sponsored Links