This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Goat's Yogurt and Goat's Milk  (Read 2089 times)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Goat's Yogurt and Goat's Milk
« on: June 11, 2013, 03:58:07 PM »
Just went to Sprouts and purchased some goat milk, and goat yogurt.

When I picked up the goat's milk off the shelf, a lady that worked there said to me "You wouldn't believe how good that is for you".

I've just tasted the goat yogurt from Red Hill Farm and it taste's VERY good.  Better than regular yogurt and the texture is very light and creamy.

Haven't tasted the milk yet, but I found this article online that says goats milk is:

-  Less allergenic because of the low level of casein.  ( 89% less than cow's milk )

-  Is naturally homogenized  ( where it doesn't separate like cow's milk where there is cream and skim ) .  Apparently the homogination process in cow's milk destroys the fat globule cell wall so that the cream and skim parts of milk stays mixed. But, this process of destroying the fat globule cell wall releases free radicals which then causes DNA mutations in our body that then can lead to cancer.     So this entire homogenization process is avoided with goat's milk.

-  Goat's milk is easier for humans to digest because it has smaller fat globules and higher levels of medium chain fatty acids, which allows the body to digest the proteins more smoothly and completely than with cow's milk.

-  Most people who are lactose intolerant can drink goat's milk.

-  Goat's milk is more like human milk, with great amounts of essential fatty acids, Vitamin B6, vitamin A , potassium and niacin.

Then of course, goat's have a much more natural diet than the corn that cow's eat.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 03:59:55 PM by Rita »

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Goat's Yogurt and Goat's Milk
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 05:06:29 PM »
I just bought goat milk today too. I wanted to try it in my coffee since coconut milk is just not working for me. I think it was Loanne who said that she likes goat milk better. I'll try it tomorrow morning.

bcflyfisher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 11:35:46 AM »
Interesting to hear that lactose intolerant people might do better with goat's milk, since it apparently has the same lactose content as cow's milk:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactose_intolerance

I suspect that many people who think they're lactose intolerant are actually experiencing difficulties digesting the fat, as you've pointed out. 

When it comes to yogurt I wonder if the differences are reduced as a result of fermentation.

lyra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 03:37:23 AM »
I purchased some of the goat's milk from redwood hill farm. I wanted to buy the yogurt too from them, but the ingredient list includes tapioca starch. Why do they have to add that to their goat's milk yogurt? It's not in their kefir. And they are the only brand at the store.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 09:23:58 AM »
I noticed that too.  But it's the only goat's milk I can find.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 09:23:58 AM »

Sponsored Links