This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Activated Charcoal  (Read 1166 times)

BarbinNC

• View Profile
Activated Charcoal
« on: June 20, 2016, 05:59:59 AM »
Does anyone use activated charcoal?  I have not so far, but have been investigating misc. natural detox methods, not a bad thing in this day and age.  Had this in email and thought I'd ask before investing.

http://www.bulletproof.com/coconut-charcoal-capsules-90-ct?sailthru_vars?[charcoal_clicks]=true

The best detox method for me has been extra Vitamin C (ascoribic acid form) and 1/4 tsp sea salt in 4 oz warm water, followed by 8 oz cold filtered water. 

What methods of detox do you employ, if any?

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Re: Activated Charcoal
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 03:37:44 PM »
I use activated charcoal.   If I do any kind of detox, I use it to help trap toxins.  It's also good for an upset stomach or gas.   

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 03:25:33 PM »
Interesting Rita, would you mind sharing which kind you use and trust?  What do you think of the coconut kind that the BP guy is advertising?  Thanks ~ Barb

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 03:30:03 PM »
I have not sure what the purpose would be of the coconut kind.  Maybe that's just branding to set himself apart, since he is the coconut coffee guy.
This is the one I have:
https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-Activated-Charcoal-Capsules/dp/B0006LCQ4Q

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 03:30:03 PM »

Sponsored Links