This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: CRACK SLAW RECIPE  (Read 2089 times)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
CRACK SLAW RECIPE
« on: June 26, 2016, 10:07:00 AM »
CRACK SLAW RECIPES

This is basically a catchy name for braised or stir fried cabbage, green, red or nappa.  It is very tasty, budget friendly and easy to prepare.  You can add any vege you want, just cut the pieces small.  There are many variations so do an internet search if interested in using other spices.

1 lb. ground beef, turkey or chicken or thinly sliced steak or even sausage meat
1 or 2 cloves minced garlic
2 TBS sesame or other fragrant oil
10 oz bag of cole slaw mix or thinly sliced cabbage
optional sliced carrots, broccoli, snow peas
1 scallion, sliced thin
1 tsp. vinegar
2 TBS gluten free soy sauce or coconut aminos and/or worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 TBS hot sriracha or hot chile oil (optional)

In a large saute pan, cook your garlic in your oil, add the meat and stir fry until browned.
Add your cabbage and stir until beginning to wilt.
Add all the spices and stir until blended.

Tastes even better the next day. 
Change the spices to suit.

BarbinNC

• View Profile
Re: CRACK SLAW RECIPE
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 05:40:05 AM »
This is my go to recipe, for days when I have cravings for Chinese food, and in general, whenever I don't know what to eat, but want something more inventive than a steak and salad.  I've been living on it since my slip up and it works for me.  Keeps me honest.

And it's so versatile made some with bacon this week,  added some of the Miracle rice (glucomannan, not real rice, no carbs at all ) a little green onion on top, some grated ginger and it gives it that comfort food feel of pasta, without any side effects or raised BG. 

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 07:25:50 AM »
BarbinNC,

I like your thinking!  I keep adding whatever I need to use up in my fridge.  I have frozen some portions for quick meals, letting them slowly defrost in a covered pan with a bit of water added to make a tasty gravy. 

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 05:49:45 PM »
Barbara - I like your thinking too - haha!

The possibilities are truly endless, and a great way to get those anti oxidants in!  ;)

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 05:49:45 PM »

Sponsored Links