This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Chana flour recipes?  (Read 1018 times)

Michael Beechey

• View Profile
Chana flour recipes?
« on: July 10, 2016, 10:37:12 AM »
I bought a big bag of this thinking it was corn flour, back when i was eating corn. It's chick pea flour...used a lot in East Indian recipes. Very strong ongoing pressure from da Boss to consume the whole bag -  since I screwed up I pay the price. Big Bag.

anyone have any tricks for working with this?...has a very strong flavor..so far have tried some indian recipes...needs frying and absorbs all the oil...

Ex..anyone slipped this into falafel mix, which is mainly roughly ground chick peas + spices?

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Chana flour recipes?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 11:28:19 AM »
You can add a bit to any recipe just to use it up.  I like Indian food and would use it for my favorite recipes or even find recipes you might like.  Indian food is very tasty to me and my favorite is a spinach and corn curry.  I don't use the corn anymore, but sub in carrots instead.  I forget the name of this dish, but you can use your search engine for it.  There are lots of recipes on line for this and for using chickpea flour.   

Wheat Free Forum

Re: Chana flour recipes?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 11:28:19 AM »

Sponsored Links